Martin Hangers - nitro safe?

What's Hot
stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26927
I’m after a single hanger to put a guitar over my desk at home. These Martin-branded ones seem to be the most easily available here other than no-name brands which I don’t trust - https://sadekmusicshop.com/NEW/Martin-Semi-Acoustic-Guitar-Guitar-Wall-Hanger

Has anyone got one and can confirm it’s nitro-safe? 

(Obviously I’m aware the best plan is some cotton wrapped around the contact points, but I want to get the best I can in the meantime)
The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72255
    Considering all classic-series Martin guitars are nitro-finished, they'd be opening themselves up to a lot of liability if they weren't.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26927
    edited April 2021
    I assumed exactly that, but always worth checking with the oracle  
    Considering Martin are the company that prints "Warning: String will uncoil when removed from packet" on the guitar strings - which I'm pretty sure is in response to being sued over a minor injury caused by one - I'm actually surprised the don't have a disclaimer on the hanger, which makes me even more sure it's fine.

Of course, the *best* solution would be if guitar companies were to stop using such a ridiculously easily-damaged archaic finish at all...

:)

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26927
    edited April 2021
    ICBM said:
    Considering Martin are the company that prints "Warning: String will uncoil when removed from packet" on the guitar strings - which I'm pretty sure is in response to being sued over a minor injury caused by one - I'm actually surprised the don't have a disclaimer on the hanger, which makes me even more sure it's fine.

Ha! I never realised that, even though I love their strings. They can't expect us to read the instructions, surely?! 

ICBM said:

Of course, the *best* solution would be if guitar companies were to stop using such a ridiculously easily-damaged archaic finish at all...

:P Mine even has a small patch of sticky nitro on the side despite being 20 years since it left the factory (I'm not defending that, mind you). It's a bloody good guitar though...
  • earwighoneyearwighoney Frets: 3493
    ICBM said:

:)
    I didn't know that. I remember reading something that they are unable to put Made in USA on their instruments as the tuners were made in Taiwan or something. They take litigation very seriously it seems!
    Not quite the text I remembered, but close - or they may have changed it.

From what I remember reading, this is because someone once opened a string packet and got poked in the eye - not seriously - by the string end, and sued Martin for several thousand dollars. They won - despite how ridiculous that may seem to us - because there was no warning that this might happen, so in order to prevent any repeat, Martin print that on every packet now.

Sorry for the thread hijack :).

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11446
    Can I sue D'Addario for all the times I've poked a B string into my finger?