Line of Duty

What's Hot
HattigolHattigol Frets: 8175
edited April 2021 in Off Topic
Mother of God....! Brilliant series so far.

Some ending last night. Who's dead?

How the hell is all this going to end?

And please reassure me that no way is Ted 'H'.....
"Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• KalimnaKalimna Frets: 1534

This is the first series I haven't watched, however I've caught snippets here and there as my wife watches it religiously. I caught the ending, and yes it's a good-un. I think that to have Ted as 'H' would be lazy writing that the series, so far, haven't really shown (despite a willingness to set Steve up only to find him innocent).

Perhaps I should go back and watch this run.

• stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2177
    Very good.

At last night's ending my wife thought it was hilarious that I was bouncing up and down with excitement. She wouldn't believe that I was actually trying to push down the footrest of the spring loaded recliner.

It's not a competition.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30826
    Well, Gregory Pipe is not listed in the cast for next week...

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16253
    Accidentally saw a spoiler online this morning. But nearly wet myself watching it last night ( managed to find some wifi to watch it on the iPlayer). 
    I keep threatening to rewatch previous series as there are so many back references. If anyone is new to LofD probably shouldn’t start with this series. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • sinbaadisinbaadi Frets: 1297
    It's brilliant somehow!  Despite being so bad!

I do have to stop myself making sarcastic remarks about how bad it is, because it's so enjoyable.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12255
    You may need a spoilers warning on this thread!

I think we know what happened, Ted gave £50k of money he knew to be hooky to Stephen Graham's widow which retrospectively to the plod looks like he had access to organised criminals when in reality the criminals were trying to set him up.  I think he did it just to give her financial help and there was nothing nefarious in it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • MusicwolfMusicwolf Frets: 3627
    I think that we all know who the bad guy's going to turn out to be

It's been obvious all along
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28280
    I finally started watching last week - Season 1 episode 1. Didn't enjoy it that much to be honest, doesn't appear to be my sort of drama. I prefer a quieter pace like Unforgotten. I'm sure it's amazing though ...
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16253
    axisus said:
    I finally started watching last week - Season 1 episode 1. Didn't enjoy it that much to be honest, doesn't appear to be my sort of drama. I prefer a quieter pace like Unforgotten. I'm sure it's amazing though ...
    It is quite underwhelming at the very beginning. I quite like Unforgotten but LofD is at another level once it gets going. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • english_bobenglish_bob Frets: 5128
    axisus said:

It takes a couple of series to really find its feet, but you need to have seen all of it because plot points and characters from the earlier series keep resurfacing.

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22516
    I've been watching since series 2, although I did finally go back and watch series 1 on iPlayer a few months ago.

I'm not very patient with TV drama - I'll quite often watch something for one or two episodes then abandon it, but Line of Duty is an exception, I think it's brilliant.

The last couple of series haven't been quite as good as the earlier ones - I think series 2 and 3 were the peak, I liked Dot Cottan as a character and he added a little bit of humour which has been subsequently lacking.  But I still wouldn't miss it.

The current series was a bit slow for the first three episodes but now it's really picked up.  Good to see Anna Maxwell Martin returning as the horrible DCS Carmichael in yesterday's episode.
  • ZoolooterZoolooter Frets: 886
    Boss, sarge, boss, sarge, sarge, boss, boss....
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10356
    Zoolooter said:
    Ha ha you’re not wrong!
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
  • fastonebazfastonebaz Frets: 4065
    Alright mate.  Yeah mate. 

That Steve arnot is the most wooden actor ever.  It's like he's literally reading his lines out as someone holds them up whilst he's standing on his little stool.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • wesker123wesker123 Frets: 496
    Zoolooter said:
    Guv 
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12255
    Alright mate.  Yeah mate. 

That Steve arnot is the most wooden actor ever.  It's like he's literally reading his lines out as someone holds them up whilst he's standing on his little stool.
    He's got a broad scottish accent, I think it's keeping his london/south african dialect going that stops his flow.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KeikoKeiko Frets: 962
    Anyone notice the mis spelling 'definately' during the laptop scene? Watch out for that in future episodes. Whoever spells it that way must be 'H'!!!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22516
    Keiko said:
    Anyone notice the mis spelling 'definately' during the laptop scene? Watch out for that in future episodes. Whoever spells it that way must be 'H'!!!
    They're making a big thing of it, and it also came up in an earlier series, but it is a very common misspelling of "definitely" (and at least it's not as bad as "defiantly" which I see a lot!).
  • Tone71Tone71 Frets: 619
    edited April 2021
    We only got into it at the end of the last series so now watching from the beginning, I really like it but it's definitely (I'm not H) a programme that needs full attention not one to glance at every now and again.
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7349
    edited April 2021
    It's an interesting show but I'm always left a bit distracted/annoyed at the way most of the dialogue is delivered - which puts me in mind of when a customer service operator is reading out the direct debit T&Cs because they have to and they know they are being recorded
    Red ones are better. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom