New Trailer for any Marvel Fans here

What's Hot
AlexCAlexC Frets: 2396
edited April 2021 in Off Topic
Don’t know how many of you, if any, enjoy the MCU but here’s the trailer for the catchily titled Shang-Chi And The Legend Of The Ten Rings. Obviously a chop socky with magic mash-up with every possible genre trope thrown in. Looks like fun to me.
(Cue comments on why Marvel films and crap and negative comments from people who have never seen one)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=giWIr7U1deA

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22780
    I used to buy the Shang-Chi, Master of King Fu comics when I was a kid.  They were obviously inspired by the Kung Fu TV series but they had characters from Sax Rohmer's Fu Manchu stories, which was a bit weird.

This looks absolutely nothing like the comics, but maybe things moved on after I stopped buying them... 
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10206
    I'm in. 
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26573
    I love the MCU, but that trailer makes this film seem not-quite-thought-through. Essentially, the Iron Fist series with added wire-fu...which isn't a promising start.

Happy (and eager) to be proven wrong. In any case, it can't be as bad as Captain Marvel, so I'm definitely going to give it a chance.
    <space for hire>
  • Axe_meisterAxe_meister Frets: 4630
    Iron Fist was terrible, not sure if just  bad writing or complete mis-casting or both
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26964
    That looks fun. 

I didn't watch Iron Fist but this is the typical full-fat MCU team so should be a solid 6/10 at worst
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12352
    I love the MCU, but that trailer makes this film seem not-quite-thought-through. Essentially, the Iron Fist series with added wire-fu...which isn't a promising start.

Happy (and eager) to be proven wrong. In any case, it can't be as bad as Captain Marvel, so I'm definitely going to give it a chance.
    This has to be better than iron fist - which isn't saying much.  I will probably give it a go.
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11754
    munckee said:

This has to be better than iron fist - which isn't saying much.  I will probably give it a go.

The best thing about Iron Fist is that by series two they realised the lead guy was mis-cast and not terribly good at the kung-fu, and made it all about the lovely Jessica Henwick's character instead, who was much better.

There is talk of them bringing Charlie Cox's Daredevil into the MCU for the "Secret Invasion" show, which would be so cool.
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4133
    There is talk of them bringing Charlie Cox's Daredevil into the MCU for the "Secret Invasion" show, which would be so cool.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom