The BFD migration thread

What's Hot
Hey all,

Thought I'd start this since I know there are a number of users here.

We've kicked off a user migration process today. You will have seen an email about that from FXpansion, but we are essentially bringing everyone over to the inMusic Profile platform. You can kick this off in your FXpansion user-accounts. We're moving everyone over to bfddrums.com.

BFD1, BFD2, and BFD Eco will not be migrated to your inMusic Profile account as they have been legacy products for a long time now. We need to get all legacy software users onto the BFD3 platform now.

Everyone who needs to can upgrade to BFD3 for a super low price by entering their BFD1/BFD2/BFD Eco serial code as a promotional code at the BFD Drums website when checking out.

There is a build of BFD3.4 available which introduces a new authorization system, some new features, some fixes against 3.3, and lays the groundwork for future point releases to come. We are working on a 3.4.1 right now to address some known issues, and will address more as they are reported.

All serial registrations and downloads and authorizations are handled through the new BFD License Manager. Please don't attempt to register any serials through the inMusic Profiles page - it will not work currently.

Just proceed through the migration process to get all of your products moved over to an inMusic Profile account, and then you never need to use the fxpansion.com website for BFD products ever again.

------

There's a migration guide here:
http://cdn.inmusicbrands.com/BFD/Docs/BFD-Drums-User-Account-Migration-Guide-190421.pdf

Long-term we are designing new versions of BFD. I've assembled a small beta team at present, but I will be looking at expanding this soon. I spot a few users in this thread who may want to get involved in that.

You can expect a BFD4 in the future, but I won't commit to a timeframe. It wont be years and years though!

The new BFD home page is www.bfddrums.com
The new forum is here: https://forum.bfddrums.com/

Feel free to PM me if you need anything; posting here might not be best because I wont get a notification.

Bye!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33779
    FWIW, it is a really well designed process and I was ported across within 5 mins.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2192
    Done. All worked fine for me.

It's not a competition.
  • susbemolsusbemol Frets: 397
    For me, the website migration process was painless. Now, BFD handling the change on my system was a bit of a mess, including giving the "there was an error importing your settings" and me having to go through it a couple of times.

Not a massive problem but the BFD content update was far from smooth.
  • vicsherevicshere Frets: 0
    I have done all this and am getting constant messages telling me I am locked out of BFD as it isn't authorised. I am also getting messages about BFD3 wanting me to login with a keychain password, which doesn't work. So it has been bad for me and now BFD is completely unusable. Any help or advice would be great, thanks!
  • vicsherevicshere Frets: 0
    Update: got it all fixed, and probably my own fault. At the keychain request, I was putting in my BFD/InMusic password, rather than the password for my MacBook. All working well now, and the free Horsepower is fantastic, thick and powerful and really gritty.
  • PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7280
    Can I just ignore this until I need to take a build at 3.4 or higher or is my existing installation going to stop working?
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    Hi @WiresDreamDisasters, any idea how I can stop this from popping up every time I bring up BFD's interface?

• stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2192
    edited April 2021
    susbemol said:
    Hi @WiresDreamDisasters, any idea how I can stop this from popping up every time I bring up BFD's interface?

Probably best to wait for an answer from "The Man" as I wouldn't want to suggest something that might mess up your system.

However, this worked for me (but don't blame me if it's wrong) 
    I used "Run as administrator" when opening BFD3 standalone, then clicked on OK when I saw that window. Then it told me that the migration was OK. The window didn't appear after that.

It's not a competition.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Yep, what @stratman3142 said!

Bye!

susbemol said:

Probably best to wait for an answer from "The Man" as I wouldn't want to suggest something that might mess up your system.

However, this worked for me (but don't blame me if it's wrong) 
    I used "Run as administrator" when opening BFD3 standalone, then clicked on OK when I saw that window. Then it told me that the migration was OK. The window didn't appear after that.

Brilliant, thanks for that! Will try it tomorrow.
  • yorkioyorkio Frets: 173
    I get that every time too - but I'm on a Mac. ("Run as administrator" is a Windows thing, isn't it?)