Ebay £1 deals, gone?

What's Hot
Haven’t had a new £1 offer since last one on fifth March. Wondering if anyone’s received it recently or if may be gone for good now coinciding to eBay payments switch. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• GandalphGandalph Frets: 1576
    I had one last weekend so hopefully not. I think they need to keep doing it with the competition around nowadays. 
  • TrudeTrude Frets: 914
    Yeah, I still get them now and then. I think they've realised I never list at any other time, so hopefully they'll keep doing it
    Some of the gear, some idea

Trading feedback here
  • StefBStefB Frets: 2349
    edited April 2021
    I got the offer last weekend, and they've been every two weeks prior to that stretching right back to 22 January.

There was a break between then and 18 December, presumably because Christmas volumes didn't need eBay to provide sellers with any incentives.  

I thought the last few were offered to all users rather than being targeted as a good few people I know received and used them, but clearly not.
  • steveledzepsteveledzep Frets: 1172
    I had one last weekend too and fortnightly before that.  There was a period last year where I didn't get the offer for a few months, think eBay were being selective.  Not a clue what their selection criteria are though?
  • PC_DavePC_Dave Frets: 3396
    I've not had one for ages now. Annoying really as I have stuff I want to sell!
    This week's procrastination forum might be moved to sometime next week.
  • StefBStefB Frets: 2349
    PC_Dave said:
    I've not had one for ages now. Annoying really as I have stuff I want to sell!
    It's as though when one does come your way, you have to take advantage of it to get back on their Christmas card list.  Use it or lose it.
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8188
    Had one last weekend too.

Word of warning - eagle-eyed @bgmartinsbridge spotted in the Ts and Cs that the £1 offer doesn't apply to international sales. I've hastily adjusted my selling preferences - you might want to do likewise. 
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • danishbacondanishbacon Frets: 2694
    I had a long stretch without one followed by weekly invites. Thanks for heads up on international @Hattigol ;
  • @Hattigol - I very rarely read terms and conditions, normally leave it to the lawyers :-) but as ebay payments is so new I thought I'd have a butchers. But of a shock re International payments. 
  • gusman2xgusman2x Frets: 921
    Had one at the weekend. 
  • SPECTRUM001SPECTRUM001 Frets: 1556
    Just noticed I haven't had one since mid February.

Darn it - I was just about to put some items up..
  • hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 4131
    I’ve had one but I had nothing to sell 
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10178
    Get them all the time. 
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14410
    Had one within the last fortnight and another about four weeks prior to that. The offers come less frequently than they once did. On the other hand, I very rarely list anything for sale nowadays. These facts may be related.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • I get them fairly regularly but I don't think I've had one for a few weeks now. Going to have a tidy up/clear out at the weekend so I might need one soon...
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

• elkayelkay Frets: 77
    edited April 2021
    You don't need to wait for offers. If you have an eBay account, just go to the 'Sell' page, where you'll see all the current promotions, including the £1 deal when they're available. These seem to come up every fortnight fairly consistently, but are only available from Friday to Monday. If the current pattern continues, the next one should be on Friday 30th April (hopefully).
  • SpringywheelSpringywheel Frets: 942
    edited April 2021
    I receive emails every week from ebay but none contain the £1 offer - is this something i need to sign up for? Edit: just seen elkay's post. 
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10178
    Some people don’t get them. I don’t think it’s a universal thing, you have to qualify as the promotion states 
  • elkayelkay Frets: 77
    eBay appears to have changed their £1 deals. Its now free with no final value fee for up to 3 listings, or 80% off final value fees. The 80% seems to apply to more frequent sellers, and the free deals to less frequent or new sellers. No need to wait for email offers. Just go to the 'Sell' page and you'll find all the promotions there.
  • GandalphGandalph Frets: 1576
    elkay said:
    eBay appears to have changed their £1 deals. Its now free with no final value fee for up to 3 listings, or 80% off final value fees. The 80% seems to apply to more frequent sellers, and the free deals to less frequent or new sellers. No need to wait for email offers. Just go to the 'Sell' page and you'll find all the promotions there.
    Yes after months of getting the £1 deal emailed through fairly often I got the 80% off final value fees this morning. I hope this isn’t the end of the £1 deal but suspect it might be. 

T&C’s state:

The FVF Discount in this promotion applies to the Variable Portion FVF (net of any other discounts) in respect of the eligible items’ Total Sale Amounts. For example, if you would have been charged 12.80% on the Total Sales Amount, the 80% FVF discount will reduce this to 2.56%. The Fixed Portion FVF (e.g. 30p) will not be discounted. Therefore, the fixed charge of 30p per order will still apply.

So that £1000 guitar you might have thought about listing, etc, is now going to cost a fair bit more than £1 in fees.