WTB Foot Stomp box

Before buying a foot stomp box from Internet sellers, if anyone here has one that is not being used and if you wish to move it on, I might be a customer.  Ditto for unused contact microphone or piezo that could be used in a DIY stomp box.  Thanks
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7802
    edited April 2021
    Have you tried one?  I thought it would be a great addition when I was playing a lot of solo shows, but I found the couple I tried to be really poor (I believe one was by Jam log), getting them to sound half decent is a challenge.

Maybe someone on here has had good results, but I really struggled.

I had much, much better results and an easier time of it with the Roland SPD kick, which is a single trigger, pushing out different kick samples. Lovely thing.

• RockerRocker Frets: 4978
    I have never used one but I saw/heard one in action by one of a duo playing folk songs.  I have an old bass amp that will be used, mainly for a few friends getting together and singing a few songs.  Not intended for gigging.  
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

• steamabacussteamabacus Frets: 1263
    edited April 2021
    Bear in mind that a simple piezo-in-a-block-of-wood type will suffer all the problems associated with a basic piezo transducer in an acoustic guitar. A suitable pre-amp of some form (with a high input impedance and decent eq) between the foot stomp and the bass amp might be necessary for usable results.

[edit] Read down the page to 'What happens if there is a mismatch' here
  • Creed_ClicksCreed_Clicks Frets: 1387
    I have a shadow foot stomp I am not using, but I'm in Spain, so with charges etc, possibly not worth your while.