SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD: 2001 Patrick James Eggle Skyland Custom Koa (one of only five made)

RebarRebar Frets: 130
edited August 2021 in Acoustics £

This is a slope shouldered dreadnaught style model from the days when Patrick and his small team were producing acoustics alongside their range of electrics. Back, shortly after I purchased this guitar, I contacted Patrick regarding the issue of bubbling in the finish. This was caused by a reaction between the grain filler and the top coat in a small run of their instruments at the time. The effect is shown in the photos and does not affect the neck (only the body). You can see that, from most angles, this is actually difficult to see. There is also a preamp installed but, being a home player, I haven’t used this. During my ownership (approximately two years) it hasn’t been gigged and it has been kept in a smoke free environment. The other specs are as follows:

High grade Hawaiian Koa top, back and sides.
Flame Maple body binding with black and white purfling.
Flame Maple endpiece. 
Abalone rosette. 
Ebony bridge with Ebony bridge pins with Abalone dot inlays. 
Mahogany neck with Ebony fingerboard inlaid with pearl split diamond markers. 
Eggle tuners with Ebony buttons. 
Hiscox hard case.

Price: £2000 

Sale only. No trades.

The guitar is in very good condition with some minor dings which are shown in the photographs and it is currently set up with D'addario 10s.

I am based near Newry in Northern Ireland and am happy to meet (subject to social distancing regulations) and can also post the guitar within the UK only.

Finally, if you have any questions, please feel free to contact me via PM and further photographs can be found here:

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• RebarRebar Frets: 130
    Open to offers
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Price drop bump. 
  • DodgeDodge Frets: 1430
    I think Koa might just be the most beautiful wood to use on a guitar. It's stunning.

GLWTS.
    Dodge said:
    I think Koa might just be the most beautiful wood to use on a guitar. It's stunning.

GLWTS.

Thanks @Dodge. It is stunning and, based on the looks alone, I would hold on to it. However, after playing my brother-in-law's 000, I've come to the conclusion that I should go for something slightly smaller.  :3
    Friday bump. 
    Bump
    Bump
    Bump