SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD - 1974 (Original) Silverface Deluxe Reverb

What's Hot
Andy_StringsAndy_Strings Frets: 205
edited May 2021 in Amps £
Sold pending payment.

Description and more pics below (sorry... I still struggle getting photos up).

After a long A/B session this morning, I'm in 2 minds about this, bought recently whilst (unusually) money was burning a hole in my pocket.  This is the exact amp that my guitar hero (Brent Mason) uses and it sounds wonderful but.... with not much fiddling, I can get the same sound (to my old) from my Quilter and a Mikman pedal...although this smells so much better and looks uber cool.  A year without gigs or lessons though has left me more pragmatic than romantic so.... here it is - at least until my wife stops watching.

A fantastic example of an original Silverface from 1974/5.  All working exactly as it should and the sound is everything that you'd expect, very much like a '65 but the reverb and trem work on both channels and it's bit warmer. Still does the penetrating Fender clean jangle if you push the treble though.  It's still on US voltage (which means it sounds the way it was meant to) but comes with a neat step-down transformer from Tube Amp Doctor specifically designed for this purpose.

Comes with original footswitch and speaker.

£1,450

'There are plenty more guitars in the sea'
0reaction image LOL 7reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• OssyrocksOssyrocks Frets: 1673
    I don’t need another one
    I don’t need another one 
    I don’t need another one
    I don’t need another one 

Keep saying it Rob............
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • OssyrocksOssyrocks Frets: 1673
    It’s a lovely thing for sure. If you don’t mind me saying this, but I think you will regret selling it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • tomajohatomajoha Frets: 897
    lovely amp that, is the reverb on the normal channel a later mod?
  • Ossyrocks said:
    It’s a lovely thing for sure. If you don’t mind me saying this, but I think you will regret selling it.
    I've just plugged it in again now (any excuse) and it really is fabulous. Hmmmmn... now what could I sell instead? :o
  • tomajoha said:
    I don't know Tom, I always thought it was something they did after they lost the drip edge but I'm a long way from being an expert on any amps.  It's useful though, 2 channels via and AB switch.
  • tomajohatomajoha Frets: 897
    tomajoha said:
    I don't know Tom, I always thought it was something they did after they lost the drip edge but I'm a long way from being an expert on any amps.  It's useful though, 2 channels via and AB switch.
    Agreed it's a useful mod IMO - lovely amp