SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Sold - Keeley Workstation £200 ono

chris78chris78 Frets: 9277
edited May 2021 in FX £
Absolutely brilliant pedal - effectively 5 of Robert Keeley’s pedals in one board friendly pedal. I’ve used is as a tube screamer one side and a blues breaker in the other distortion. It’s in good condition with no board Velcro or anything.

Pics here https://www.dropbox.com/sh/sbv1p1rkepqsxun/AAAo61SEG76pI_7yOw5x_IJSa?dl=0

postage included or collection from Chatham, Kent is good. 

The Tone Workstation is based on Keeley’s Compressor, their Katana Boost, the 1962 and Red Dirt overdrive boxes. This makes for a pretty versatile compact gigging effect unit. Designed to be the first stage in your pedal board it may even be the only pedal you bring to a gig.

The History

Ten years ago Keeley invented and built a small batch of the Tone Workstation, which then moved into the hands of famous players and collectors.  John Mayer recently took two of the originals out on the Dead & Company tour.  For 2016 it’s more than a re-release; it’s a completely new, re-engineered workstation. The Keeley team of engineers and designers have upgraded the tone, enhanced the features, and reduced the size to now fit on anyone’s board.

Here's how it works

Starting with the classic Keeley Compressor, you can build a nice, thick tone full of sustain.  Adjust the Sustain control for increased compression or squeeze.  As you add sustain, your notes will ring out longer. 

The Blend control allows for a Manhattan-style compression, keeping the sound lively and crisp as you blend in your natural guitar tone.  The Blend control is perfect for adding a little bit of  bite back in with high output pickups or humbuckers.  In addition, the Treble Boost switch can be engaged to further increase the treble and sparkle into the signal when using lots of compression.  When the Blend is set completely CCW, you get only compressed signal out.

Then, as you turn up the Blend, you blend in more and more of your original signal, all the way to a 50/50 ratio.  The attack and release times are pre-set in this compressor and are set for use with humbuckers or single coils.

Here's what Keeley had to say about this pedal

The design combines many of our most popular tube amplifier tones giving players a huge range of gain stages in a single box format.
The ever-popular Keeley Compressor has a lot of fans already and so this is the first pedal in the ‘chain’ as it were. I’ve used these pedals myself a lot over the years and they do a really nice job, with great clean sustain and add no unwanted colouration, which is great.

Specifications

• Boost, Compression, Distortion & Overdrive
  • Red Dirt circuit
  • Level drive and tone controls for each channel (sustain for compressor)
  • 3 seperate foot switch controls

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• chris78chris78 Frets: 9277
    Bump for an amazing pedal at a great price
    Sold on eBay!
    I thought it was sold on eBay, but yeah. Ebay. Back available again and open to sensible offers
  • DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 7114
    Anything you need trade wise Christophe?
    Anything you need trade wise Christophe?
    Can’t think of anything, Con, but hit me up with what you’ve got in mind. Drop me a pm if that’s ok