SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Withdrawn: 1966 Fender Bandmaster Head & 2x10 Tremolux cabinet. Further reduced to £1300

What's Hot
OssyrocksOssyrocks Frets: 1673
edited October 2022 in Amps £
For Sale.

1966 Bandmaster head and 2x10 Tremolux cab.

The head is in very good condition, all original tolex, cloth, etc, and all of it's original transformers. It's had all the  electrolytics replaced with F&T's and Spragues. It has two changed pots and a few other caps, but they are good quality parts (Alpha pots, Jupiter caps). The mains lead has been replaced with a grounded three prong, correctly wired. The power valves are Groove Tubes, closely matched and biased at 32ma/33ma. The preamp valves are mixed, JJ, GT, Chinese and an old Servicemaster for the Phase inverter. It's on 110v, but will be supplied with a step down transformer. It works great, low noise floor, no undue noises or crackles and sounds strong and loud, as it should.

The cab is the same era, but I cannot date it exactly, but it's 1963 to 1967. The cab has new grill cloth, new glides and new back panel screws, but is otherwise original. The retainers on the top have been moved slightly to accept the wider Bandmaster head. 

UPDATE: The speakers are now a  pair of vintage 1974 CTS Alnicos which have been reconed by Wembley Loudspeakers with the correct parts imported from the USA. These are great speakers in this cab. 

Overall, it's a great vintage Fender setup and is ready to gig.

Offers around £1500 £1400  £1300 or the setup. Basically a nice vintage amp for the price of a reissue.

I would prefer collection from Morecambe so you can try it out, but will drive to meet up as long as it's not a silly distance.

Click the link to view more detailed pics:  https://imgur.com/gallery/iMmrmwM

0reaction image LOL 11reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• GassageGassage Frets: 30912
    You bloody temptress....

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • OssyrocksOssyrocks Frets: 1673
    Gassage said:
    You bloody temptress....
    An amp favoured by John Mayer by all accounts too.

Go on, you know you want to!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    No love for a vintage Fender? 
    Make me an offer
    Bump
    edited September 2021
    Following the discussion on forum etiquette and pricing I’m going to ask a question.

Do you think this amp and cab are priced reasonably?
  • Jimbro66Jimbro66 Frets: 2429
    Very reasonably IMO. Perhaps this is just the wrong marketplace. If I wanted to sell my similar Tremolux I'd head straight for Reverb.
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8794
    Ossyrocks said:
    Following the discussion on forum etiquette and pricing I’m going to ask a question.

Do you think this amp and cab are priced reasonably?
    *clutches pearls*
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Jimbro66 said:
    Very reasonably IMO. Perhaps this is just the wrong marketplace. If I wanted to sell my similar Tremolux I'd head straight for Reverb.
    Thanks, that’s helpful. Is Reverb a thing in the UK now? It used to be very “USA centric”, but if that’s changed I might have a look at it. I gave up on eBay for higher priced items a long time ago, just too much risk involved.
    Rob, absolutely spot on in my view. Have you tried the Fender Vintage page on FB?

Gassage said:
    Rob, absolutely spot on in my view. Have you tried the Fender Vintage page on FB?
    Thanks James. No I haven’t seen that Facebook page, I’ll go and have a look.
    Ossyrocks said:
    Gassage said:
    Thanks James. No I haven’t seen that Facebook page, I’ll go and have a look.
    If you can't find it, ping me a message and I'll send u a link

@Gassage , is it the “Fender Vintage Amplifier Buy And Sell Group” ?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    That's the kiddie!

• Jimbro66Jimbro66 Frets: 2429
    edited January 2022
    Ossyrocks said:
    Jimbro66 said:
    Thanks, that’s helpful. Is Reverb a thing in the UK now? It used to be very “USA centric”, but if that’s changed I might have a look at it. I gave up on eBay for higher priced items a long time ago, just too much risk involved.
    Over the past couple of years I have sold several high-ish value items on Reverb when I would have been wasting my time trying to sell here. There is enough UK Reverb market to make it worthwhile. European sales through Reverb were also good but maybe Brexit has changed that.

As far as your amp goes, bear in mind that at least 50% of the members here are bedroom players and/or are looking for something small and lightweight. You could probably sell a 65 Princeton several times over.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • sw67sw67 Frets: 231
    I have looked at this amp a few times and i would say its priced correctly in todays market when 70s twin reverbs you couldn't give away last year for £500 are fetching £800 - £1000.. My only concern is i can see at least one other head for sale with a dealer for £900 and is a cab with new speakers / cloth worth £600. I did think about selling my MJW and Rift Tweed 5 to buy this but living in Scotland its not that easy.
    sw67 said:
    I have looked at this amp a few times and i would say its priced correctly in todays market when 70s twin reverbs you couldn't give away last year for £500 are fetching £800 - £1000.. My only concern is i can see at least one other head for sale with a dealer for £900 and is a cab with new speakers / cloth worth £600. I did think about selling my MJW and Rift Tweed 5 to buy this but living in Scotland its not that easy.
    Thanks for that. I’m not aware of one for sale at £900, if you could post a link to that I would be grateful. The only other I see is on eBay at £2500, and has been there some time. It’s in very good condition with the correct larger Bandmaster cab.

I know what you mean about Twins, the asking prices seem high,  but that doesn’t mean they are selling.

Cheers,
    Rob
    Ossyrocks said:
    sw67 said:
    Thanks for that. I’m not aware of one for sale at £900, if you could post a link to that I would be grateful. The only other I see is on eBay at £2500, and has been there some time. It’s in very good condition with the correct larger Bandmaster cab.

I know what you mean about Twins, the asking prices seem high,  but that doesn’t mean they are selling.

Cheers,
    Rob
    No worries, I’ve found the other now for sale on Reverb. The condition is slightly worse than mine and it has a replaced output transformer. The cab with it is not original, it’s a modern one.