SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

1968 Marshall plexi 50w (bass model: 1986)

brooombrooom Frets: 1174
edited May 2021 in Amps £
Up for sale is my non-working 1968 Plexi 50w - £2000 (removed)

This is a 50w smallbox bass model, essentially the same type of Marshall used by Duane Allman.

I've been planning to restore this thing for ages. But with covid and the fact that I just barely plug into anything over 15w these days the plans to get sorted, have been postponed indefinitely.

So I leave it here for anyone's consideration. This a non-working plexi, it's had the original output transformer damaged (probably as a result of the arching visible in the power tube socket).

The original damaged OT is included (so that it can be rewound), but I also include a high quality copy of a 784-139 Drake transformer by Marstran/Heyboer.

The original McMurdo el34 tube sockets should be replaced. And I will include new F&T filter caps.

I've got an email from Greg Germino, where he was kind enough to give me a run down on the amp and it's pretty much original with exception of the two volume pots and the aforementioned issues.

Here are some photos:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/18008378@N00/albums/72157717733975321/with/50803296181/

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments