SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB Jerry Jones 6 or 12-string

What's Hot
Thought I might throw this out to the forum but appreciate it's a long shot. Does anyone have a Jerry Jones 6 or 12-string electric they might sell? 

I had a look and one sold on the forum back in 2016. There's also currently one available at Charlie Chandlers in London for £900 but that's a little more than I have available to spend at the moment.

If you have one that you're not willing to sell, please tell me how good they are... 

Cheers
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DodgeDodge Frets: 1430
    I borrowed one for about 3 months. It was a lovely thing, really nicely made but it made me scratch my head a bit. It was undoubtedly assembled to a high standard, it had excellent electronics and fretwork etc. But it's still basically a guitar made of cheap materials.

My old 90s Dano U2 is all stock, the fretwork is fine, the pickups are excellent and while the pots aren't exactly the best, they're still working just fine after 30 years 

I love my Dano and the Dano sound in general, but not enough to spend £900 for it when you can pick up a perfectly adequate Korean Dano for ~£200-250.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DodgeDodge Frets: 1430
    I forgot to say, the Dano sound to me is due to those cheap materials. There's a video on YouTube of someone updating a 90s U2 with new higher quality parts including pickups and the bridge, and actually made the guitar sound worse in my opinion.

• brooombrooom Frets: 1170
    edited May 2021
    there's one for sale at charlie chandler's.

https://ccgx.co.uk/product/jerry-jones-pre-neptune-1990s/
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • benecolbenecol Frets: 397
    That's a ridiculously good price for a Jerry Jones - am tempted to grab that myself (already have a JJ baritone).
  • Timeline88Timeline88 Frets: 78
    Hey @Dodge, thanks a lot for your input. It’s always great to hear from someone who has experience of both and the video was really interesting too. 

I think if I was going to change out the pickups I might look a bit more into output of the 60s units (though I guess they probably varied a bit). I felt those Curtis Novak’s were maybe a little on the heavy side.

@brooom thanks but I’d spotted the CCGX listing. It’s kind of what sparked me off looking, it’s a bit more than I have to spend though.

Cheers
  • brooombrooom Frets: 1170
    ahh sorry I missed that in your original post... but realistically I don't think Jerry Jones usually show up much cheaper.