Ebay scam? Help needed please.

What's Hot
Bought the following -

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/133632451668

Found it listed by a another seller with zero feedback at less than half the price with 'interesting' postage. Here -

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/184826703689

Original seller seems legit and has reported the fraudulent listing but I'm wary.

Advice please?
'Vot eva happened to the Transylvanian Tvist?'
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• AlbertCAlbertC Frets: 932
    edited May 2021
    Well it looks like some zero feedback fraudster has lifted the photos from the original listing and is trying to flog a guitar he doesn't have.
    What makes you doubt your original seller? Are you happy with the guitar you've bought? Have you any concerns about it?

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72307
    It's pretty obvious which is the genuine listing and which is the scam.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • uksaint7uksaint7 Frets: 308
    Yes I wouldn't worry. Seller #1 has lots of good feedback selling music gear:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/fdbk/feedback_profile/theyoung83
  • DB1DB1 Frets: 5025
    edited May 2021
    I think the £9,999.00 'economy' delivery charge might be a bit of a deal breaker on the second one.
    Call me Dave.
  • It's just odd. Why not list the shipping at a normal price if it's a scam? No issue with the original seller, he's been very good.
  • CMW335CMW335 Frets: 2041
    I had this recently where someone duplicated my listing, got to be vigilant 
  • thermionicthermionic Frets: 9610
    I once sold a Roland V-drums kit (which I won in a Sound On Sound competition, but that’s another story) on ebay. Listed as pickup only for obvious reasons. Imagine my surprise when I saw the winning bid was from New Jersey. I sent the buyer a message, suggesting there had been a mistake, then ebay stepped in and deleted all trace of the listing. I hope the buyer got refunded, my entire listing must have been cloned.
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9663
    It's just odd. Why not list the shipping at a normal price if it's a scam?
    Perhaps the scammer hopes that the buyer either doesn’t pay attention to the shipping cost, or gives it a cursory glance and reads £9.99.
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72307
    edited May 2021
    It’s to deter the buyer from having it shipped and hence avoid a paper trail. The ‘seller’ asks for online payment and gives the buyer a false address. The buyer turns up and finds no guitar or anyone who knows what’s going on. When it goes to a dispute the ‘seller’ will claim the buyer did collect it, and there’s no proof either way. If it was paid by Paypal the ‘seller’ has already transferred the money somewhere else.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Thanks for the replies. I just wanted to say that the original seller is a legit and decent guy with great taste in music and better taste in guitars :)