Rainger FX Snare Trap

What's Hot
personalnadirpersonalnadir Frets: 354
New Rainger FX pedal - a drum machine for pedal board and desktop

I love Rainger's pedals. They always look great, and you've got nearly no chance of guessing what the next one will be.
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• bbill335bbill335 Frets: 1368
    edited May 2021
    very cool, strange idea to have a drum machine in line with the guitar signal but i guess in a world where people are going DI/ampless/full range it makes a kind of sense
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • personalnadirpersonalnadir Frets: 354
    bbill335 said:
    very cool, strange idea to have a drum machine in like with the guitar signal but i guess in a world where people are going DI/ampless/full range it makes a kind of sense

Yes, perhaps it will really work for performers relying on looping? I can see how running both through the same effects and having the sidechaining could be really nice ways of tying it together.

I'm trying to do something similar with my Models:Cycles. Want to be able to play along to beats, but have settled on getting a little mixer instead.
  • pedalopedalo Frets: 178
    Hmm this looks interesting. Can’t figure out how you make the beats though. 
    edited May 2021
    pedalo said:
    Hmm this looks interesting. Can’t figure out how you make the beats though. 

This video explained it really well:

Looks like it's been designed so that you have a beat instantly, but for instance restricts you to 4/4 (unless you use CV to trigger the drums).

Also seems to have dual mono out which is interesting
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • joetelejoetele Frets: 947
    Yep, I'm definitely going for this. The idea of putting it before some of my weirder pedals is especially intriguing. Going to use it for my loops. 
    MUSIC: Pale Blurs
  • KeefyKeefy Frets: 2272
    Not quite sure how I'd work this into 'Dakota' or 'Valerie'...
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • AntonHunterAntonHunter Frets: 916
    Keefy said:
    That's basically the beat from Valerie right there...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Keefy said:
    That's basically the beat from Valerie right there...
    Great, I'll sack the drummer!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Flanging_FredFlanging_Fred Frets: 3010
    edited May 2021
    Looks interesting and I’m trying to figure out in my head how it would work with my Drone Rainger. It doesn’t look like it has an expression pedal (or igor) input to control the filter which might have been fun to have.
    I ordered one for the heck of it. I was thinking of getting a drum machine anyway and this seems more useful being part of my guitar rig. I'm not sure how limited it will be but I'm not very clued up about drums so it looks fairly simple and should be a good level for me.
    Looks interesting and I’m trying to figure out in my head how it would work with my Drone Rainger. It doesn’t look like it has an expression pedal (or igor) input to control the filter which might have been fun to have.

There's a lovely example of the Droner Rainger and Snare Trap in the SpiralCasterPlaysPedals demo (about 1 min in):

How do you use the Drone Rainger - it's a fantastic looking pedal, but not sure what the use case for a drone is. I guess it's probably something I just need to try.
  • AntonHunterAntonHunter Frets: 916

There's a lovely example of the Droner Rainger and Snare Trap in the SpiralCasterPlaysPedals demo (about 1 min in):

How do you use the Drone Rainger - it's a fantastic looking pedal, but not sure what the use case for a drone is. I guess it's probably something I just need to try.
    That demo is great! Thanks for sharing.
  • Flanging_FredFlanging_Fred Frets: 3010
    edited May 2021

Thanks for the link.  I mostly use the Drone Rainger as a means to piss off my family! Seriously, they fucking hate that thing. On a more serious note; it does take some work to get it to do useful stuff. I got it to try an emulate the drone of Bulgarian bagpipes (really!) for reasons I won’t go into here...
    2reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Well this just arrived and I gave it a quick play without reading the manual and it is completely inspiring for a bedroom player wanting to learn a bit more about drums and having something to play along with! Just what I was after :)
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6598
    Is it me or does this sound completely and utterly crap? Fizzy, nasty, soulless, like overproduced DJ crap arse?

Maybe it's just me because I'm over 20 years old. I get it, I'm a boomer. 
    merlin said:
    Is it me or does this sound completely and utterly crap? Fizzy, nasty, soulless, like overproduced DJ crap arse?

Come on Merlin, don’t pussyfoot around, what is it you’re trying to say?
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    merlin said:

Maybe it's just me because I'm over 20 years old. I get it, I'm a boomer. 
    I think it sounds great, but it's a drum synthesiser, as opposed to playing drum samples. It might just be down to whether you like the sound of drum synths.

pedalo said:
    Well this just arrived and I gave it a quick play without reading the manual and it is completely inspiring for a bedroom player wanting to learn a bit more about drums and having something to play along with! Just what I was after :)

Cool! Very jealous, love the idea of playing with the side chaining too. Apparently you can use it as a tremolo too.