SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS/FT: Victory Kraken EL34

timmypixtimmypix Frets: 2378
edited May 2021 in Amps £
Hi all,

I was meant to sell my Sheriff 22 but someone offered me a swap for a Marshall SC20H JCM 800, which does all the metal I could want for home use, and I haven't been in a gigging metal band for a while, so this is up for grabs.

This is the EL34 version, and it's an angry wee beastie, with more gain than you could ever need. It's in good nick - a couple of dusty marks on the top but nothing else cosmetic, and everything works as it should. The master volume pots are a little crackly at the very low end of their travel, but from I can gather from other Kraken owners, this appears to be normal, and it's a very good master volume. There's a single ended switch on the back for comfortable home volume playing too!

Comes with a soft case, which has some light wear to the top, and two footswitches, both of which switch between channels and master volumes.

Why two footswitches? The hardwired one that it came with died as the design of the pedal housing pinches the lead. I repaired it and it worked for a bit, then it died, then I repaired it again... I think last time I checked it was intermittent. To compensate for that, I picked up the posher footswitch with a proper TRS jack socket - much more durable, and this has worked faultlessly since I got it. This one has some velcro stuck to the underside for pedalboard mounting if that's your thing.

Fretboard special price of £650.

Collection or meet up much preferred - buyer gets to try it and it saves the faff/risk of couriering it.
I'm based in Manchester and we're house hunting in Birmingham, so will be Midlands-bound every other weekend or so, house viewings dependent.
I'll entertain couriering it if needs be - I've got the box my Sheriff 22 came in and should be able to pack it securely, but I still prefer collection and the buyer getting to try it.

Only trade I'd be interested in would be a Victory VC35 Copper. I want one. Otherwise I need to recover costs of other amps bought recently.

Imgur album in case I muck up image formatting.

Tim
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments