SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

ALL SOLD Cornell DC15 reduced to £950, Boss Nextone Special £550, (Yerasov GTA-15 sold)

What's Hot
owenwowenw Frets: 40
edited February 2022 in Amps £
Dennis' take on an AC15. Bought recently on Reverb from a lovely chap who drove it to my house in Oundle because he didn't have a box and didn't want to ship it... which leaves me without a box and frankly equally hesitant to ship! So, free delivery within 50 miles of Oundle, or, you can come and collect it.

Bought pretty much knowing I was going to sell it on (not at a profit I might add, I'm no flipper!) because I've never spent much time with Vox style amps. This one has particularly snazzy four-way power reduction built in - much like his Romany models - which really opens up its potential. To me it still sounds best just slightly broken up; it gets surprisingly fuzzy when cranked up. I imagine a treble booster in the front end to shelve a load of bass would work pretty well.

Alnico Blue speaker, and in the words of my wife, it's 'really pretty' and 'looks like Christmas'. As a serious man I have no idea what exactly she means by this, but rest assured this is a wife-friendly purchase.

£1200 reduced to a nice round £1k.

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• owenwowenw Frets: 40
    Bank holiday bump!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Reduction bump!
    Tuesday morning at 0928hrs bump!
  • DodgeDodge Frets: 1435
    That looks very cool indeed.  You should put up some sound samples or a video or something.  I doubt there have been many of these made at all.

I'd be wanting to try that if I was closer.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    edited July 2021
    Thanks Dodge. I've taken your advice and just recorded a wee snippet. Nice and simple - Kauffmann strat straight in, SM57, amp dimed in ef86 channel in highest power mode, then halfway up in the normal channel, then lowest power mode a quarter of the way up back in the ef86 channel. It's a wav file, anyone have any advice on the best way to upload this?
  • DodgeDodge Frets: 1435
    Maybe SoundCloud or something similar?  YouTube may cope with audio only, I'm not sure.

I didn't realise it had an EF86 channel, I assumed top boost and normal, do it might be worthwhile elaborating on the specs a bit too.

It looks great.
    Ok will try and sort a soundcloud link soon.
    original ad for the amp here, with gut shot and stating normal chan with ef86 and top boost chan https://reverb.com/uk/item/39849614-cornell-dc15-handwired-all-valve-combo-ac15
    http://youtu.be/a9Yd0xVt-YM

Link to soundclip, finally!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • photekphotek Frets: 1463
    Sounds excellent!
  • PM'ed
    "You play the accordion - you go to jail. That's the law..."
    Primetime bump
    Free delivery up to an hour’s drive from Peterborough.
    Still here!
  • photekphotek Frets: 1463
    edited October 2021
    Lovely amp this one, proper vintage Vox EF86 vibe and the power scaling with the well bedded in Alinco Blue just sounds epic.
    PICCIES!

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Bumper deal, this.
    Boss Nextone Special, virtually as new, £550.
    Indistinguishable from a decent valve amp to my ears. Too much amp for me though, in terms of size, wattage and knobbage!

Yerasov GTA-15, infamous Russian Pro Jr-alike. £190.
    I'd say this would make an extremely solid spare amp if anyone's in the market for such a thing, sounds like a pro jr, not as good as ol' modded Woody lurking in the background though and I'm determined to have a good clear out.

Cornell DC-15 still for sale btw!

Cornell is pick up only from Oundle, Northants. The other two I'm happy to post at cost (Boss will cost a bit due to size/weight) but anyone who's up for picking them up will get priority.
    Boop
  • 545454545454 Frets: 184
    Pm'd about Yerasov