Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Who's gigging tonight?

What's Hot

Comments

• John_PJohn_P Frets: 2744
    I'm at the Sportsman in Hull with Nitro tonight...   just packing the wigs n spandex ;-)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • The Firehouse Southampton Classic rock!
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16253
    Cirrus;54889" said:
    EricTheWeary said:

@Cirrus where was that then? Some pretty crappy venues as you get towards the city center

Yeah, we know that from long and bitter experience haha! It was at the Asylum 2. It was shit but maybe 3 years ago they extended the room and put in a half decent sound system. The carpet's still a bit sticky but there you go.
    oh, okay. When I was still semi regularly gigging ( ie earlier this year) the rule seemed to be the closer to the city you got the more they felt you should be grateful for being allowed to play there and the more they felt they could rip you off.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • RoasterRoaster Frets: 18

Well, day after the "Famous Game cock Inn" gig in Bury, not sure why its famous, we played to a maximum of about 8 people all night, saturday night and the pub is all but empty - crying shame! ah well stay professional play the tunes as you would if were full and take it in on the chin.

• FezFez Frets: 499

Roaster said:

Well, day after the "Famous Game cock Inn" gig in Bury, not sure why its famous, we played to a maximum of about 8 people all night, saturday night and the pub is all but empty - crying shame! ah well stay professional play the tunes as you would if were full and take it in on the chin.

I think we all have similar experiences to this at some time. As you say all you can do is play as if the place is full. Hope the next ones better for you.
    Don't touch that dial.
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4027
    edited October 2013
    Totally new venue for us tomorrow night Sat 26 Oct 2013, 9:30pm

We were supposed to be playing by the seaside but the pub closed last week but we managed to get this last minute booking at this place:

The Marne Inn
    Thorley Park Centre
    Bishops Stortford
    CM23 4EG

I have no idea what it's like as a venue but if anyone is in Bishops Stortford tomorrow night then come along, say hello!

:-)

Two this week -   Ferry Inn in Brough near Hull and Myers rock club in Hull...  just packing my make up and wigs lol
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8590
    Saturday 26th October. New venue for me too. We're at the Stumble Inn, Long Eaton.  Never been there before.  Apparently there's no room to swing a cat, so could be interesting.
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • dogloaddogload Frets: 1495
    We're at The Flying Horse in Blyth Tonight.

Quite nervous actually as it's our first gig in almost 18 months and our first with our new singer AND a dep bassist! Got the gig sorted and then our proper bassist announced he couldn't do it so my old chum offered to come up from That London to do it. Two practices and a strong pair of skivvies are all that's required (I hope!).
    Went down well the last time we played there, so fingers crossed...
  • davewwdaveww Frets: 165
    Not a gig but I'm playing a couple of solo numbers on acoustic guitar at an open mic' in Stokesley tonight.  As above quite nervous as I've never played without a band around me before.
  • dogloaddogload Frets: 1495
    dogload said:

Went down well the last time we played there, so fingers crossed...
    After the gig the manager came over to me and told me that he thought we were a good band but the material wasn't what he wanted... it's basically the same set we played last time. 
    Oh well, guess we'll not be asked back!

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Friday night at the Fleur De Lys Stoke sub Hamden near Yeovil. Saturday night Pilton WMC near Shepton Mallet, hopefully playing to Michael Eavis again. Stayed the whole night to watch us last time.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • My band, Crimson on Silver, are playing tonight (2nd Nov) at The Mermaid in Yeovil.

My band - Crimson on Silver  For sale - Blackstar HT-5S

Gear - Guitars, amps, effects and shizz. Edited for Phil_aka_Pip, who is allergic to big long lists.

Yoevil seems to be pretty active at the moment.
    Don't touch that dial.
    I forgot to mention (luckily I remembered to turn up) to last night gig in Cottingham.

I'm in Beverley at the Sun Inn playing silly rock probably dressed in something very silly :)
    Oh poo our Sunday afternoon gig just got pulled by the venue. Never mind though we have been offered another in Crawley on the 30th.
    Don't touch that dial.
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3301
    edited November 2013
    I'm depping on bass for Cairo East (Madness Tribute band) on Thursday 14th November at The Alleycat, Denmark St,  along with a couple of other bands
    http://www.alleycatbar.co.uk/events/jb-tbc-2/

This was a corker of a gig and I had a lot of fun!

I can recommend this Soho basement venue for small bands, jazzers, acoustic, solo acts and it's fairly small, small stage etc but they provide a lined out real piano, Peavey Bandit , Ashdown bass amp, drum kit (take your own cymbals and snare) and PA. There was 7 of us and it still worked! It's more or less below Regent Guitars
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Did my favourite gig of the year tonight Bradford on Avon Fireworks  put gear up blast out their CD for twenty minutes whilst fireworks go bang  go home with wedge
    www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
  • CirrusCirrus Frets: 8481
    Last night we played our northernmost gig to date up in Burnley supporting a band called Exit State. It was good fun, reasonable turnout of unfamiliar faces which is exactly what we want in a gig!

Didn't get back home 'til 3:50am then had to load in, so I've only just got up. Tonight we're in Long Eaton near Nottingham supporting a band we're good mates with. Should be more fun that work tomorrow morning!
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8590
    Where in Long Eaton are you playing?
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.