Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Who's gigging tonight?

What's Hot

Comments

• Played last night with a rock band, near Langport, awful drummer!
    Tonight with my own Flatland boogie band in Glastonbury and tomorrow at the Forresters West Coker near Yeovil. 
    Then Wenesday with my band in hometown of Sherborne then back at the Forresters for Christmas Eve with the rock band, but with a better drummer, which @Monkeybone should know 
    ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Last gig of the year with Beyond Midnight at The Q Inn in Stalybridge. Played here loads with The Vyperz and although it's a tiny place it's a great crowd.

I might give the Telecaster a run out tonight. I played it at a dep gig last week and it's a stonker of a guitar if not quite as flexible as my DGT.
  • koneguitarist;904407" said:
    Played last night with a rock band, near Langport, awful drummer!

Tonight with my own Flatland boogie band in Glastonbury and tomorrow at the Forresters West Coker near Yeovil. Then Wenesday with my band in hometown of Sherborne then back at the Forresters for Christmas Eve with the rock band, but with a better drummer, which @Monkeybone should know  ;)
    Hmm, I'm intrigued...

My band - Crimson on Silver  For sale - Blackstar HT-5S

Gear - Guitars, amps, effects and shizz. Edited for Phil_aka_Pip, who is allergic to big long lists.

• koneguitaristkoneguitarist Frets: 4134
    edited December 2015
    koneguitarist;904407" said:
    Played last night with a rock band, near Langport, awful drummer!

Tonight with my own Flatland boogie band in Glastonbury and tomorrow at the Forresters West Coker near Yeovil. Then Wenesday with my band in hometown of Sherborne then back at the Forresters for Christmas Eve with the rock band, but with a better drummer, which @Monkeybone should know  ;)
    Hmm, I'm intrigued...

@Monkeybone Ben Croft I believe!
  • koneguitarist;905242" said:
    Monkeybone said:

koneguitarist;904407" said:Played last night with a rock band, near Langport, awful drummer!

Hmm, I'm intrigued...

@Monkeybone Ben Croft I believe!
    Ah yeah, we did some recording with Ben the other day. Plus he used to be in a band with Dan. Good drummer.

My band - Crimson on Silver  For sale - Blackstar HT-5S

Gear - Guitars, amps, effects and shizz. Edited for Phil_aka_Pip, who is allergic to big long lists.

• Xmas Eve gig for Playback tonight, The Punchbowl in Warwick. Cracking pub with great beer. On from 8pm and finish by 11pm...so it'll be a rush to get home before Santa gets to us.
  • Tonight I am playing with a rock band, Bad Edukation at the Foresters East Coker Near Yeovil. Still knackered from last nights gig and early rise for work today! Hope I can stay awake through Whole lotta Rosie!
  • I think you two have misunderstood the traditional male role on Xmas eve of taking two hours to get a take away and then saying you could have made it quicker yourself. How are your families going to get their lukewarm chow meins? :(|)
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • PlectrumPlectrum Frets: 494
    Playing tonight at the King's Head in Lichfield. Doing some sort of guest spot with some else's band. No idea what the band is called I'm afraid as I only know the band leader/lead guitarist (we've done a few sets together at open mike with me doing vocals and rhythm guitar and him doing the difficult stuff). Should be a fun night though and a chance to use my old Valvestate VS265 at gig volumes :)

One day I'm going to make a guitar out of butter to experience just how well it actually plays.
  • Central Station in Wrexham tonight, 42nd gig this year and the last one this year! Don't know if there will be anybody there, but the people of Wrexham are generally total pros at going out on the piss!
    I'm just a Maserati in a world of Kias.
  • Last night I played Kelways in Langport, ears are still ringing, my amp despite going through PA and monitors was not loud enough!
  • Gigging tonight in King William Glastonbury with Flatland Boogie band as a 4pc.
  • FezFez Frets: 522
    Private party at a secret location somewhere in Sussex tomorrow.
    Don't touch that dial.
  • bigjonbigjon Frets: 680
    First Jon Kingsman Band "Burns Night" gig tonight, at Newnham Social Club in Cambridge. Have learnt Will Ye Go Lassie Go, I Would Walk 500 Miles and Donald Where's Your Troosers to add to the set. After they'd booked us, they asked, do you have a fiddle player, and maybe a bagpiper? Answer - No! So all my guitar solos are going to be in celtic jig style to make up for it :-)
    Next one for Borrowed Time is the Abbot in Redhill. First proper gig with new drummer.
    Don't touch that dial.
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3059
    Busy weekend with the Verticals - Friday night we're at The Old Star in Uttoxeter Staffs and Saturday night is a private function in hangar 1 at Cosford Air Museum(!). I won't be using a wireless system :)
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16293
    Just back from playing in Bromsgrove. Good gig. :)>-
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • simonksimonk Frets: 1467
    Just back from a cracking gig in Honiton. Now enjoying the post gig stilton and crackers, multiple flavoured KitKats and Morgan's Spiced.

And the kids will be up at 7am...
  • vizviz Frets: 10681

My jazz duo, RootBeat are playing in Cambridge this afternoon. 3pm, Hot Numbers, Gwydir Street. Coffee and cake! Yummy! Come on down you Cambridge folk!

Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    Borrowed Time are at the Watermill in Burgess Hill on Saturday. Veterans of the southern area gear fest's will be welcomed with open arms.
    Don't touch that dial.