Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Who's gigging tonight?

What's Hot

Comments

• onyironyir Frets: 45
    edited July 2021
    Gigging tonight with my band Collision at The Links, in Lytham St Annes. I'll be playing through a NDSP Quad Cortex and the other guitarist through a Helix. Interesting times...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • rockmonsterrockmonster Frets: 833
    Gigging tonight Black dog at the Foresters Arms Andover Yay! Old man Rock!
  • FezFez Frets: 522
    Charity gig tonight at the Star in Roffey, Horsham. 
    Don't touch that dial.
  • monkey42monkey42 Frets: 336
    edited August 2021
    Yep…done a few weddings already with my main band but tonight has been 8 months in the waiting

Lost my Dad to covid in January and was unable to hold a wake. He was a rock and roll muso, and so tonight we have a jam band set up off some off his old musicians with me at 51 the youngest by a mile

An honorary mention to @Wazmeister who has kindly loaned me (pre purchase) a wonderful matchless amp that will give the proposed shadows songs some extra boutique ness lol. Thanks buddy
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9514
    monkey42 said:
    Yep…done a few weddings already with my main band but tonight has been 8 months in the waiting

Lost my Dad to covid in January and was unable to hold a wake. He was a rock and roll muso, and so tonight we have a jam band set up off some off his old musicians with me at 51 the youngest by a mile

An honorary mention to @Wazmeister who has kindly loaned me (pre purchase) a wonderful matchless amp that will give the proposed shadows songs some extra boutique ness lol. Thanks buddy
    Steve, have a wonderful evening mate !

Here is our gig last Saturday, with a quick glimpse of your new amp =)

• Us, last Saturday.

Wer nicht für Freiheit sterben kann, der ist der Kette wert.
  • dariusdarius Frets: 631
    Double Header Derbyshire Pub gigs this weekend for Agent Utah
    Fishpond in MatlockBath on Fri20
    Horse&Groom in Derby on Sat21

I do hope some people turn up, now we are allowed unrestricted moshing...
  • Rowby1Rowby1 Frets: 1275
    edited August 2021
    Two gig weekend this weekend. Tonight it’s my band Far Away Cows at Spondon Liberal Club in Spondon (strangely) just near Derby. 

Played there a couple of times pre Covid with the Cows and always seems a nice crowd. Should be a good night
  • MusicwolfMusicwolf Frets: 3651
    1st Post Covid gig tonight.  Outdoor and weather isn't looking good however around 20 peole have offered pop up gazebos to cover the audience (stage is already covered).  It shows how keen people are to get back to live entertainment (and all day drinking).
  • DLMDLM Frets: 2513
    Musicwolf said:
    Post Covid

• JonathangusJonathangus Frets: 4492
    Playing our first full gig as part of Beech Hill Bandstand this afternoon.  Five bands, beer tent, hog roast, free entry.  Looking like the weather might just hold off, too.

https://fb.me/e/1m8kbkpdZ
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

• MusicwolfMusicwolf Frets: 3651
    DLM said:
    Musicwolf said:
    Post Covid

Yes, should have said post restrictions.

Anyway, great gig despite being very rusty.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Rowby1Rowby1 Frets: 1275
    Gig two of the weekend is this afternoon at Spondon Liberal Club with my other band, Gun Money. It’s a very sociable 4pm kick off. :)
  • JayGeeJayGee Frets: 1257
    So, a couple of years after dropping out of a rock covers band someone suggested I might be the chap to take his place on guitars in a “quirky pop with a bit of Americana” project with a local songwriter. 

Then 2020 happened…

18 months or so down the line we’ve only got a blinking gig tomorrow afternoon as part of the music lineup at a local charity event.

OK we’ve done a couple of stripped down acoustic guitar and vocals things this summer, but nevertheless this is the first time out with a full electric band lineup in a very long time and I am simultaneously terrified and hugely excited… :-)
    Don't ask me, I just play the damned thing...
  • I'm out tonight with my covers band at a new venue for us, The Alma Inn in Baxendale near Accrington. Our singer is the landlady of the pub, so I know we'll definitely get paid!
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6674
    My theatre show as MD is back up and runng. Leading the band on clarinet.

Indecent by Paula Vogel at The Menier Chocolate Factory, London Bridge. Hopefully (covid permitting) running until the 27th of November. 
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3582
    Suddenly a call last night, and a band put together to fill a club date tonight. Money is not great but some old mates should make it a bit of fun. Also brownie points for bailing out the club and saving them having a disco or karaoke!
  • JayGeeJayGee Frets: 1257
    JayGee said:
    So, a couple of years after dropping out of a rock covers band someone suggested I might be the chap to take his place on guitars in a “quirky pop with a bit of Americana” project with a local songwriter. 

Then 2020 happened…

18 months or so down the line we’ve only got a blinking gig tomorrow afternoon as part of the music lineup at a local charity event.

OK we’ve done a couple of stripped down acoustic guitar and vocals things this summer, but nevertheless this is the first time out with a full electric band lineup in a very long time and I am simultaneously terrified and hugely excited… :-)
    God I’m rusty…

Still, nobody died and no serious injuries sustained so I’ll take that for first time out with a new band after a very long break…
    Don't ask me, I just play the damned thing...
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8693
    It’s so long ago that I’ve forgotten when my last gig was. We’re playing at the White Lion in Melton Mowbray this Saturday, 11th September. In addition to being rusty it’s our first gig with the new line up, and the first with my new AxeFX, so should be an interesting evening.
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • FezFez Frets: 522
    We are opening Crawley festival at noon tomorrow Saturday 18th September singer playing bass stand in drummer eeek?
    Don't touch that dial.