SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Both sold: Tone King Falcon Grande and Tone King Imperial II

What's Hot
DB1DB1 Frets: 5024
edited July 2021 in Amps £
I don't need two great amps. I don't even need one great amp, as I play at about a millionth of a watt at home, and am unlikely to play live again, by popular demand. Anyway, I've ended up with a Tone King Falcon Grande and an Imperial Mk II. Quite why I'm selling one in preference to the other, I don't know, but I'm offering the Falcon Grande to a discerning forum punter.

Three different voicings - rhythm, tweed and lead - and it's in superb condition. I don't use the 'lead' voicing on this or the Imperial, as it's not really my thing, but the rhythm setting has almost a compressed acoustic quality, and it great for electric guitar strumming - sounds natural, if you know what I mean. The tweed channel is my everyday channel, and with a simple tone control, covers just about everything that I want. The reverb is absolutely lush, and is better IMO than the reverb on the Imperial. The footswitch will let you switch between voicings and bring in the reverb. The attenuator is just bloody wonderful.

Anyway, it's £1250 if you'd like it, and I'm not sticking it in the post, but am happy to meet up (deserted parks, public conveniences, notorious dogging spots preferred, although I do draw the line at motorway services) or deliver. If you're blessed enough to live near Stafford, you can collect and it's £1225, although it's odds-on that you'll be a relative, so say £1200. Actually, if you ARE a relative, it's cash only.

This has also belonged to the brilliant @edenfield99 and the lovely Billie the cat (I'm always grateful when cats don't automatically attack me. It's no big deal, it's just a cat thing). Then, off it went to @skippy76 who looking for a Falcon Grande - he was equally lovely and coincidentally also didn't attack me. Then I missed the Falcon in spite of having the Imperial, so sulked for a little. Then @MikeC and I were doing a deal on a vintage Guild and he asked me if I'd like a Falcon Grande. Turns out that it was my old one which had found it's way to Mike from @skippy76 - ooh, I was happy and didn't hesitate. Although the details are hazy now, I'm pretty sure that @MikeC didn't attack me either. Tell you what, it's been a pleasure meeting so many nice people from the forum who haven't attacked me.

In the meantime, I loved the Falcon so much that I let the Imperial go to @MtB who I'd previously bought an amp from. Now Mike did attack me. *

* Of course he didn't - he's lovely as well, although I suspect that he was tempted to attack me. Right, so this is getting a bit confusing - @MtB decided to sell the Imperial, so I bought it back, because it's a great amp. So now I've got two great amps, which is probably a bit silly, even for me. To be honest, I need attacking.

Anyway, that's about it - fabulous amp, and I'm trying to be a bit sensible, but not bothered if it doesn't sell. There - I've said it. I'll miss it again, I'm sure.

As a postscript, talking of cats and being attacked, a relatively 'catastrophic'  incident was when I was delivering a Guild X-175B to Warrington. The chap was playing the Guild to check that everything was OK, the giant tabby cat had finished glowering at me from the sideboard that was creaking under the evil bastard's weight, and it condescended to come over for a fuss. It all went remarkably well for a couple of minutes, and then the fur-covered fiend - which was my intellectual superior and had been lulling me into a false sense of security all along - decided to attack, wrapping it's teeth, legs and claws, into my meaty and obviously tasty arm. As the blood pumped down my virtually severed limb, the chap looked up and said 'yeah, he's not a very nice cat'. Oddly enough, I'd worked that out for myself by that point, but thanks for the advice.

(Serving suggestion only)
Call me Dave.
9reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• MikeCMikeC Frets: 447
    I can confirm that this was my amp and some very complex swap happened that I’ve long forgotten and I don’t have it anymore. It was a very very nice amp. I think @skippy76 wanted my turquoise one so I took this one. But now I seem to have an old guild guitar and no cat? And a woolly coats amp also from this forum. By the way, love the look of that Fano
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8176
    That, young man, is your finest ever work! Brilliant...
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
  • DB1DB1 Frets: 5024
    I think I got confused in a couple of places. @MikeC - yes, that was it. Turquoise was your other Falcon's colour, hence the swap. I remember now. The Fano's ace, thank you, and I hope the Guild is still lovely.

The cat episode is mainly why I don't visit Warrington any more. That and the ASBO.

Call me Dave.
    Hattigol said:
    That, young man, is your finest ever work! Brilliant...
    @Hattigol - thanks! My son read it and said that I needed to be taken into care, so I'm not sure if it says more about him or you. Let's say it's him.  :)

Call me Dave.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • skippy76skippy76 Frets: 615
    Dave you’re cracking me up mate
    I think I get a bit overwrought when I have these cat scratchbacks. I mean flashbacks. 
    Call me Dave.
  • skippy76skippy76 Frets: 615
    @DB1 and @MikeC were both top guys to deal with and I can confirm to the best of my knowledge that no cats were harmed in the filming of this short amp based drama :)
    I can confirm that, apart from the slight misunderstanding when I mentioned that I needed to stick something back in the kitty.
    Call me Dave.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mattacjonesmattacjones Frets: 503
    Another masterpiece. Have you thought about a Feline? Might be your sort of thing...
  • And awkwardly I'm interested in the Imperial. 
    'Vot eva happened to the Transylvanian Tvist?'
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3301
    edited May 2021
    Just bought a 65 DRRI.

One week earlier and I'd have gone for this

GLWTS
  • AlexOAlexO Frets: 1083
    I got so into the story I forgot I was here for an amp 
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8176
    AlexO said:
    What, there's an amp for sale?!
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
  • Trades for the story? Limerick plus cash?
    'Vot eva happened to the Transylvanian Tvist?'
    AlexO said:

I'm assuming that you've also forgotten that your cat went for me as well. I don't blame you though. It's a cat thing.

Had a trade offer of a Bad Cat. Some people just aren't taking this seriously. :p
    Call me Dave.
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30826
    DB1 said:
    AlexO said:

I'm assuming that you've also forgotten that your cat went for me as well. I don't blame you though. It's a cat thing.

Had a trade offer of a Bad Cat. Some people just aren't taking this seriously. :p

Did you check the contractual claws?

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

Gassage said:
    DB1 said:
    AlexO said:

Sadly not. What can I say? No-one's purrfect.
    Call me Dave.
  • russpmrusspm Frets: 436
    Someone will be raiding their ‘kitty’ for this lovely amp.

• merlinmerlin Frets: 6597
    I hope you are not going to start playing Ted Nugent songs. 
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30826
    DB1 said:
    Gassage said:
    DB1 said:
    AlexO said:

Had a trade offer of a Bad Cat. Some people just aren't taking this seriously. p

Sadly not. What can I say? No-one's purrfect.

Someone will offer you a Feline as a trade

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.