David Ellefson Fired - Oh Dear....

What's Hot
BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 4779
edited May 2021 in Music
Well after kind of standing by him last week, Megadave has sacked David finally. Not surprised tbh, although the story states the girl was consenting and 19, he's been chatting to her since she was 17 and you have to question how appropriate it is for a man of his age, when his intent seems clear. Silly, silly boy. Apparently one of the nicest guys in metal, now his work, life, and marriage in bits. Oh dear....

Still this was funny nonetheless....

My head said brake, but my heart cried never.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14423
    Is this just a case of Dave E trying to prove that he is more, ahem, "talented" than Dave M?
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 4779
    Hahaha, you never know! 

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22785
    edited June 2021
    There's no fool like an old fool.

I feel a bit sorry for him, he hasn't committed a crime (as far as I know)... but he's ruined his career, his marriage, his whole life, for something so stupid.  

He's an ordained pastor as well, just to add to the embarrassment and hypocrisy.

Not defending him, he shouldn't have done it at all, but why do people feel the need to film or photograph themselves doing such intimate things?  I just don't get it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • shobetshobet Frets: 180
    Didn't do Botham's career any harm... 
    Do ursus deposit feculence in the thicket?

Here endeth the lesson. 
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24267
    Philly_Q said:

I feel a bit sorry for him, he hasn't committed a crime (as far as I know)... but he's ruined his career, his marriage, his whole life, for something so stupid.  

He's an ordained pastor as well, just to add to the embarrassment and hypocrisy.

Not defending him, he shouldn't have done it at all, but why do people feel the need to film or photograph themselves doing such intimate things?  I just don't get it.
    It was a video call.
    edited June 2021
    OK, but I'd say the same - to my mind a video call's the same as filming or photographing yourself, it's putting something "out there" which should be kept private.  And it's capable of being recorded (as, presumably, this was).
    Philly_Q said:

I know what you mean, it is inappropriate what he's done. However like you say, not illegal from what I've read so far. Why take the risk though, especially on the internet, it's just obvious that you're ripe for exploitation.

Silly sod

I wonder if they've got a new bass player yet?  James LoMenzo was doing some interviews recently, perhaps reminding Mustaine that he exists....
    Knowing Dave, he'll pick someone left field or certainly not that well known perhaps. Ellefson has quite a signature tone, might be big shoes to fill even though Megadeth is Dave through and through.

• DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7324
    Probably one of those where the second you jizz your mind clears and you look at yourself in shame, but then it's a few days later and your knob is throbbing again and it repeats.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Mustaine has now confirmed that Ellefson's bass parts won't be included on the almost-completed new album.
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24267
    Philly_Q said:
    Mustaine has now confirmed that Ellefson's bass parts won't be included on the almost-completed new album.
    Clearly Mustaine is trying to stop DE getting any income from it too. The publishing rights are the biggest earner so I wonder what the deal is. Since the last time DE left Megadeth has clearly been just a solo act with hired guns.
    Philly_Q said:
    Clearly Mustaine is trying to stop DE getting any income from it too. The publishing rights are the biggest earner so I wonder what the deal is. Since the last time DE left Megadeth has clearly been just a solo act with hired guns.
    I have sometimes wondered if the health issues (nerve damage in his arm, etc) which caused the temporary breakup of the band 20 years ago were exaggerated for convenience.  But perhaps that's being too cynical.
  • StefBStefB Frets: 2354
    Philly_Q said:

I have sometimes wondered if the health issues (nerve damage in his arm, etc) which caused the temporary breakup of the band 20 years ago were exaggerated for convenience.  But perhaps that's being too cynical.
    He did seem to quickly, miraculously & conveniently fully recover from nerve damage that reportedly at the time meant he'd never play guitar again...
  • hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 4148
    Fortunately Dave juniors arm is still in top condition :)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Philly_Q said:
    I wonder if they've got a new bass player yet?  James LoMenzo was doing some interviews recently, perhaps reminding Mustaine that he exists....
    Boromedic said:
    Knowing Dave, he'll pick someone left field or certainly not that well known perhaps. Ellefson has quite a signature tone, might be big shoes to fill even though Megadeth is Dave through and through.
    I keep resurrecting this thread...

I was half right, James LoMenzo is playing on the next tour.  Looks like Steve Di Giorgio played on the album.
    edited August 2021
    I watched the Big 4 DVD again the other day and noticed that Dave's vocals were overdubbed (badly in some places). I had mentioned to my best mate we should go and see Megadeth before Mustaine jacks it all in, but I'm now having second thoughts again. His vocals were always a weak link, and now it's even more of a worry. I appreciate he's holding down some tough riffs, but his voice has never been great even on live footage from the glory days. 

I'm still on the fence, but I may well go if and when depending on the extortion of the ticket prices. 

• GrumpyrockerGrumpyrocker Frets: 4135
    edited August 2021
    I'm happy to hear them play stuff like Hanger 18 and Holy Wars, no matter what Dave's vocals are like. Metal guitar bliss for me.

I've never seen Megadeth live, except on video/DVD... they seem to lack something.  Not sure if they're a bit clinical, or if there's just not much of interest to look at on stage.
  • Philly_Q said:
    I've never seen Megadeth live, except on video/DVD... they seem to lack something.  Not sure if they're a bit clinical, or if there's just not much of interest to look at on stage.
    They are very much of the concentrate and recreate the album live kind of band rather than the put on a show types. I've enjoyed them a lot the few times I've seen them live - but it's a very different experience than say Iron Maiden.