Anyone want to Jam in Leicester

Hi 

Just trying to organise a jam night. If anyone is up for it

Will hopefully be in a rehearsal room in LE2 

Instagram is Rocknrollismyescape -

FOR SALE - Catalinbread Echorec, Sonic Blue classic player strat and a Digitech bad monkey

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• mrkbmrkb Frets: 2410
    Yep I would be. I can drum and sing abit as well as guitar if needed. There’s been a few fretboard jams at quad studios in the past. What sort of stuff would you want to play?

@idiotwind
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • RolandRoland Frets: 5607
    What about a full day at Quad? With a pre-agreed song list we could get through different musical styles.
    Known here as Old Misery Guts or the Big Bad Classified's Sheriff. Also guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • CookiemonsterCookiemonster Frets: 449
    Roland said:
    What about a full day at Quad? With a pre-agreed song list we could get through different musical styles.
    Can do. The one in LE2 is still central and seems like a nice place. So was thinking of trying it 

But open to places. I will be honest and say I've never been a huge fan of Quad but the place doesn't really matter to me really.

What songs are you thinking of

FOR SALE - Catalinbread Echorec, Sonic Blue classic player strat and a Digitech bad monkey

mrkb said:
    Yep I would be. I can drum and sing abit as well as guitar if needed. There’s been a few fretboard jams at quad studios in the past. What sort of stuff would you want to play?

@idiotwind
    Anything really, open to ideas on songs or jams 

I play in a pysch indie band so would be good to expand into different styles 

• idiotwindidiotwind Frets: 76
    I'm in NW Leics so could be interested in this
    edited June 3

Best thing is to find out who wants to come, and ask them. I’d suggest talking to people who’ve organised previous sessions, eg https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/112251/fretboard-jam-north-edition-sasquatch-studios-huddersfield-27th-january-2018-song-list-up

From a personal perspective, outside of lockdown I play with others regularly. If I’m free I’ll turn up on the day to meet people, but wouldn’t want to take a playing slot from someone who doesn’t get to play out as regularly. 
    Known here as Old Misery Guts or the Big Bad Classified's Sheriff. Also guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
    mrkb said:

@idiotwind
    Open to suggestions. I like a bit of everything really

idiotwind said:
    I'm in NW Leics so could be interested in this
    Excellent. I posted on the Clarendon park road page on FB so have a few interested there as well.

Roland said:

Best thing is to find out who wants to come, and ask them. I’d suggest talking to people who’ve organised previous sessions, eg https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/112251/fretboard-jam-north-edition-sasquatch-studios-huddersfield-27th-january-2018-song-list-up

From a personal perspective, outside of lockdown I play with others regularly. If I’m free I’ll turn up on the day to meet people, but wouldn’t want to take a playing slot from someone who doesn’t get to play out as regularly. 
    That's a good link and a good read. I was probably looking at something lower key. Less about gear more about playing I think. 

• spark240spark240 Frets: 1732
    Keep us posted,..Ive done a couple of Jam days at Quad...room sizes seem ok and parking is ok.

Mac Mini i7, 2.3Ghz.
    Will do. Need drums and bass. 

• ellwoodellwood Frets: 1044
    Late to the party, but would be interested.
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 2294
    Same here, can play drums too if needed (bit rusty but as long as you're not expecting Dave Lombardo all is well :) ), 

.....I don't care if you're big in the city, nothing at all is what that means.

• hywelghywelg Frets: 3628
    Mark me down as interested. Can bring a few amps as well. (Ceriatones 1987, OTS and DZ30)
    I can bring AxeFX stuff.
  • SnagsSnags Frets: 3043
    Probably worth pointing out that the reality of the Sasquatch jams ended up being almost nothing about gear - certainly in terms of "show and tell". Obviously everyone brought stuff, and if some of it was interesting people spent a bit of time poking it, but as there were multiple rooms it was mostly a mix of:

- playing the agreed songs in the main room
    - quick run-throughs and free-form jams in the spare rooms
    - hanging around and talking bollocks when not playing

Which has been the format for most of the jams I've been to when connected with tFB in some way :)