Upgrade to Gretsch G2220 Short Scale Bass

BobsherBobsher Frets: 7
Hi

Looking for any suggestions. Have just purchased one of these superb short scale bass, very happy with it and as its going to be a keeper I'm looking to upgrade the bridge, tuners and pickup switch. Any ideas as to what will fit etc
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14411
    Bridge - Gotoh 201B high mass, direct replacement
    Switch - short body Korean sprung leaf type
    'Heads - Gotoh, maybe.

The stock 'heads are probably Jin-Ho copies of Gotohs. These may prove to be good enough provided that the nut slots are well fettled.

The published spec describes the nut material as synthetic bone. That could be GraphTech TUSQ or their budget version NuBone. 

You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72245
    To be honest, it's unlikely that any of them need replacing. The parts quality of even cheaper instruments like this is very high these days.

If anything could do with improving it's a simple thing you haven't listed... the jack. They're always crap compared to a proper US Switchcraft. After that I would maybe consider upgrading the pots before any of the other parts, and rewiring it to remove the inevitable vast amounts of excess cable.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein