John Mayer: Sob Rock and a Pink Silver Sky

What's Hot

Comments

• soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6627
    Everyone slags off 80s Clapton, then along comes a guy who sounds exactly like 80s Clapton and everyone adores him. So confused. 
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • This thread :lol: 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LPManicLPManic Frets: 1068
    On a side note: Keeley Fuzzbender - yes or no?
  • english_bobenglish_bob Frets: 5128
    soma1975 said:
    Everyone slags off 80s Clapton, then along comes a guy who sounds exactly like 80s Clapton and everyone adores him. So confused. 

Depends what people don't like about 80s Clapton, doesn't it? If you hate how it sounds then sure, it makes no sense.
    If you think the problem with 80s Clapton was duff songs, but you like this one, then there's no problem.

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

soma1975 said:

Depends what people don't like about 80s Clapton, doesn't it? If you hate how it sounds then sure, it makes no sense.
    If you think the problem with 80s Clapton was duff songs, but you like this one, then there's no problem.

The point is 80s Clapton is so hot right now, except when played by 80s Clapton. Whether it's JM here or Chris Buck in an 80s EC style trenchcoat in his last video or 90% of Danish Pete's repetoire. 

I won't lie, I'm a sucker for some 80s Clapton but only really when played by 80s Clapton. I'll stop saying 80s Clapton now. 

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • GreatapeGreatape Frets: 3492
    AlbertC said:
    <Cod philosophy>

I think men like to hang out internet forums so they can carry on having the same kind of pointless arguments (usually about music/bands) they had when they were kids at school.
    They miss that simple age before sex, drugs/alcohol, work and all the serious life stuff took over. When the most important thing in life was Band A/Guitarist B and how they're so much better than someone else's Band Y/Guitarist Z
    Threads like this are all about trying to relive that youth.

TFB is just a reimagined playground for the middle aged.

</Cod philosophy>

But Gary Moore does play faster. Admit it. 
  • PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7273
    jesus christ that was turgid
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    soma1975 said:
    soma1975 said:

The point is 80s Clapton is so hot right now, except when played by 80s Clapton. Whether it's JM here or Chris Buck in an 80s EC style trenchcoat in his last video or 90% of Danish Pete's repetoire. 

I won't lie, I'm a sucker for some 80s Clapton but only really when played by 80s Clapton. I'll stop saying 80s Clapton now. 
    I picture a TV show... probably a Steven J Cannell production ..'80's Clapton.' A millionaire playboy rockstar private eye in LA. With hi-tech crime fighting active circuitry in his guitar. Titular role played by Simon Macorkindale (RIP). Lots of neon and airbrushed art. 
    And a Pink Armani suit a la Knebworth. 

soma1975 said:
    And a Pink Armani suit a la Knebworth. 
    With flecks.
  • Strat54Strat54 Frets: 2331
    Just saying......

'Ryan Adams returns with the second album in the trilogy Big Colors! It is his 18th studio album and is a striking change of direction from the last, an upbeat record rich in drums and synth encapsulating the 1980s vibe spectacularly and produced with Don Was and Beatriz Artola. The 7 time Grammy nominated Adams, famed for being one of rocks most talented songwriters, has sold millions of records and produced albums for some of music's most influential artists'

Strat54 said:
    The 7 time Grammy nominated Adams, famed for being one of rocks most talented songwriters,
    Is like saying Harold Shipman is famed for being a ruddy good GP. 

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LPManicLPManic Frets: 1068
    Strat54 said:
    Just saying......

'Ryan Adams returns with the second album in the trilogy Big Colors! It is his 18th studio album and is a striking change of direction from the last, an upbeat record rich in drums and synth encapsulating the 1980s vibe spectacularly and produced with Don Was and Beatriz Artola. The 7 time Grammy nominated Adams, famed for being one of rocks most talented songwriters, has sold millions of records and produced albums for some of music's most influential artists'

Mayer plays an outro solo on Fuck the Rain from Big Colors.
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26753
    LPManic said:
    Strat54 said:
    Just saying......

Well he played on the original version before it got cancelled first time around. Not sure if he’s on the final cut that’s being released now. 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • LPManic said:
    Strat54 said:
    Just saying......

Well he played on the original version before it got cancelled first time around. Not sure if he’s on the final cut that’s being released now. 
    He did play on the original, I think they have done a few things together.
    That new album is out tomorrow, more 80s nostalgia.
    I don't think RA even got a review of his other recent album.
    He once wrote some nice words about a song our band did

Instagram is Rocknrollismyescape -

FOR SALE - Catalinbread Echorec, Sonic Blue classic player strat and a Digitech bad monkey

• Strat54 said:
    Not very keen on that new one.

Instagram is Rocknrollismyescape -

FOR SALE - Catalinbread Echorec, Sonic Blue classic player strat and a Digitech bad monkey

• thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9654
    So we've got Mayer who once got into trouble for his user of the n-word in an interview, and Ryan Adams who got in trouble for talking to young girls, impersonating a former drug and booze addict who once spouted a load of nonsense he didn't mean ;)

Makes you glad to be alive :)
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
    LPManic said:
    Strat54 said:
    Just saying......

Yeah, just listened to the album and Mayer is on it. Same version.

Didn't know Mayer was responsible for this either......wtf?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/194169958501?hash=item2d356e7065:g:sSYAAOSw0ahgs3Hh
  • SyncSync Frets: 288
    edited June 2021
    The more I listen to last train home, the more I see the potential for this prs ss/jm current tone kickstarting a bit more love for the blues guitar rock in mainstream music over here. 

If this song had come out 32 years ago, it could easily find itself on the staple greatest 80s playlist & albums. 

Next thing will be some kenny g a-like... 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom