SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

(SOLD ‘99 American Tele), 1991 (Withdrawn) Natural American Tele 2019 now £775, (SOLD Mex Tele)

What's Hot
chotu495chotu495 Frets: 356
edited July 2021 in Guitars £
Am running a bit short on space, and looking to recoup a bit of money from a recent purchase (AO Jazzmaster). I am also trying to hatch a plan to buy another guitar from here  3

Both American Tele’s came via the very lovely @St_Hubbins on here, and the Mexican was bought new by me from Peach.

Located near Colchester.

First up is the sunburst 1999. Weight is 8lb 5oz. £575.

This has no case, although i’ll include a Fender gig bag with the sale.

It had a fret-level and setup when I got it, and has certainly seen a bit of life. That said, everything works and I think it wears its 20 years + well. I have also added new Fender locking tuners. 

American Telecaster 1991 - Original case and candy/tags - was £875, now £775 - weight 9lbs 6oz.

This also had a fret-level and setup when I got it. Bought primarily as a nice quality old Tele, which I had very much intended keeping. 

Lovely condition. I think I have the scratchplate it came with somewhere, so that will be included (assuming I can locate it). A very sweet example...heavier end of things, but i’m in no position to criticise. 

At £775, i’m losing money even at TFB prices, not including the cost of the fret dress/level and setup. Will run it at this price for a while and if it doesnt sell, i’ll keep it 

Mexican Player Tele - bought new from Peach in 2019 - £425 - weight 8lb 1oz

This had a Tusq nut and a setup after I got it. Again, I think I have the original white pickguard somewhere, which it will come with as long as I can find it. One small ding, but other than that, perfect in every way. Will come with a Fender gig-bag.

Thanks for looking 
0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• St_HubbinsSt_Hubbins Frets: 189
    I can confirm that @chotu495 is a gent to deal with...and these are all cool Teles!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GavRichListGavRichList Frets: 7170
    That first one will be gone in minutes 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • chotu495chotu495 Frets: 356
    Thanks for the positive comments  :)

Just to be crystal, “Road worn” are just my choice of words for the American Sunburst as a description, and not based on any model naming from Fender themselves. It has seen some life, and looks none the worse for it  ;)
    American Sunburst provisionally sold, subject to the usual  :)
  • CoffeeAndTVCoffeeAndTV Frets: 433
    That 1999 tele is gorgeous. 
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12375
    Great guitars, sensible prices too! 
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
    Great guitars, sensible prices too! 
    Thanks. In the spirit of TFB, they are what I bought them for plus a small amount for fretwork and setup costs. I’m probably slightly out of pocket, but no dramas.

Would be great to see them go to forum if possible. I hate ebaying stuff. It always sells quick, but its just not as pleasant as selling here.

I am willing to listen to close offers, and wont be offended. Worst i can do is say no  :)
  • mark123mark123 Frets: 1325
    I take that the 1999 sold ?
    mark123 said:
    I take that the 1999 sold ?
    Hi Mark,

Being collected tomorrow morning. 

Should anything change, i’ll update on here.
    1999 Sold  :)

Bump for the very charming Natural ‘91 and the Fender Player.

I may also have a Wilkinson bridge for the Player. Will pull my finger out and try and find the scratchplates!
    Bump. 

As i’ve said i’d be happy to drive 1hr from Colchester re the Tonemaster I have for sale, i’m ok with doing the same with these.

Will have a proper look around for the original pickguards and put pics up once they’re found.

Willing to listen to close offers  :)
    Bump  :)
    Mex Tele now sold via elsewhere.

Bump for Natural American.
    Bump for 1991 American Tele, now £775  =)
    Bump for the very lovely natural American Telecaster in great shape. 1991. Original case, tags. Thirty years old  :)
    1991 Tele withdrawn