Radio Moscow

What's Hot
danodano Frets: 1586
edited June 2021 in Music
I've discovered my new favourite band.

Psychedelic fuzzy guitars, heavy rock and some seriously good guitar playing and songwriting.

Very much inspired by Hendrix, Zeppelin, Sabbath and a lot more psychedelia too.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ReverendReverend Frets: 4996
    The American band, rather than British one?
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22710
    Reverend said:
    I was thinking the exact same when I saw this last night.  To be honest I've never heard either, they're just familiar names.  I was surprised to learn that Brian Tatler had left the UK band before they released any albums.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72241
    I used to listen to Radio Moscow a lot in the early 80s on an old valve radio with an aerial that went over the top of the house. On a good night I could hear stuff from a lot further away too.

I have no idea if Radio Moscow still exists… given that the Soviet Union doesn’t.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I remember Midnight in Moscow......Kenny Ball and his Jazzmen.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • randellarandella Frets: 4165
    ICBM said:
    I used to listen to Radio Moscow a lot in the early 80s on an old valve radio with an aerial that went over the top of the house. On a good night I could hear stuff from a lot further away too.

I have no idea if Radio Moscow still exists… given that the Soviet Union doesn’t.
    Funny how the mind works. The first thing I thought of when I read the title was the Orb track U.F.Orb that has a sample of a Radio Moscow announcer at the beginning.

Why I remember this crap, and not the time of that important meeting in the morning, I'll never know.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72241
    Well, apparently it's now called Radio Sputnik (since 2014), having been Voice Of Russia (1993-2014).

Googling 'Radio Moscow' takes you to the band's site though.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 4131
    ICBM said:

They used to pump out mega watts of signal , I sometimes Used listen on my ham/Sw receivers 
    I did have a microwave modules RTTy decoder too around 88 and could sometimes tune into TASS , great lists of tractor production figures etc lol 
  • danodano Frets: 1586
    edited June 2021
    Reverend said:

Yes the American band, going since mid 2000's

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radio_Moscow_(band)

The albums worth checking out are Brain Cycles, New Beginnings, The Great Escape of Leslie Magnafuzz. Plus their first album called Radio Moscow.

• TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2892
    Great band - love that fuzzy Hendrixy strat tone for the more psychedelic stoner rock stuff, makes a change from Gibson into Orange/Marshall.