Audio Interface Suggestions

What's Hot
So looking for a bit of advice, I've got an 'ox box' as a mainstay in my setup mainly due to living in a terrace house, and the features and freedoms of playing through headphones is amazing. 

I'm looking to do a bit of recording to my PC, nothing special or that, just quite like the idea of recording, I was wondering if anyone who has some experience with interfaces could recommend some. I've taken a little look at the cheaper focusrite and the SSL2 as entry level bits. 

However a small amount of reading has suggested it could be worth spending more, and getting something that perhaps won't need upgrading in the future, or is there a consensus that these will do the job for someone just looking to do a bit light home recording, and also if their a good fit with the outputs on the ox.

anyway, and opinions welcome. Cheers guys. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Audient is another brand worth looking at. Those you’ve mentioned are both of a good quality. 
  • DanielsguitarsDanielsguitars Frets: 3261
    edited June 2021 tFB Trader
    I bought a focusrite solo, works fine, although this is my first interface, the reviews were good, still no idea what I'm doing, it's a big learning curve for me.
    www.danielsguitars.co.uk
    (formerly customkits)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • notsopronotsopro Frets: 198
    yeah thanks man, think gonna go with Macca suggestion and get the Audient as that has the optical input that I can use the DI out on the ox box. think that makes sense
  • SnapSnap Frets: 6256
    I have a Komplete Audio 6MkII. Can't fault it. You get a good software bundle with it too.
  • Focusrite solo here too. Bought in Jan as I expected my recordings to be a flash in the pan. 3 albums later I probably need something with more inputs to save cable swapping. But it does all I need.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2073
    Presonus is pretty decent also...sadly the line " won't need upgrading in the future"....just doesnt exist ;-)

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
  • oktorocktooktorockto Frets: 86
    spark240 said:
    Presonus is pretty decent also...sadly the line " won't need upgrading in the future"....just doesnt exist ;-)
    Except RME, who keep their drivers updated longer than almost anyone else I can think of. Even then the FireWire ones are not so handy now.
  • Motu M2 is nice and worth a look.
  • I have the Audient Sono, been happy with that.