what's the most portable keyboard stand

bbill335bbill335 Frets: 1373
tired of the basic X-shaped one taking up so much room in the boot, requiring a hand to carry nought else but it, and generally being the cheapest crap stand in the world

is there a decent one that folds down smaller? like the size of a folded mic stand? 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10405
    Google Spider keyboard stand ... these can go down to a fat round stand to carry ... I have a large one that can take 2 keyboards. On mine the legs flip out and there's 4 prongs clip on to hold 2 keyboards. 
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
  • bbill335bbill335 Frets: 1373
    edited June 2021
    those are a bit much, it's only for a microkorg! ideally something that could fit in a gigbag pocket but i reckon that doesn't exist
  • BranshenBranshen Frets: 1222
    a sturdy sheet music stand might work. obvious compromise on stability if you want something so small..
  • rich75rich75 Frets: 36
    How about this one: 

https://www.gear4music.com/Keyboards-and-Pianos/Hercules-KS118B-Travlite-Keyboard-Stand/1UG4

Possibly not as small as you want but it folds down quite a lot smaller than a standard x-shape. I’ve got one and it fits in a mic stand bag.
  • paulmapp8306paulmapp8306 Frets: 841
    edited June 2021
    Unfortunately keyboard stands don't fold much.  They have to be sturdy enough to take a full on board.

In your case, with only a micro korg, I'd be tempted to look at things not designed for keyboards.   It's small and light.  A basic light x stand is as small as a dedicated keyboard stand gets.  The travel light above is by far the smallest folded footprint I've seen.

What else are you using?  Ie can you clip a laptop stand/adaptor to something else you use?  

There are studio stands for modules and small synths but they tend to sit on tables so not saving anything gigwise.