Small Duo PA systems

JetfireJetfire Frets: 1696
So did an outdoor gig on the weekend which was great and we managed to borrow one of these: 

https://www.dv247.com/en_GB/GBP/Yamaha-STAGEPAS-400BT/art-PAH0019800-000

We have a tanglewood t6 amp jobby which is just right for the small, small gigs but for something outside, this was ideal. 

Are there any recommendations people may have for systems along these lines? or something that may be "better" than this. Its only for an acoustic guitar and vocals   
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• JetfireJetfire Frets: 1696
    Actually, have seen this has been asked else where very recently...!
  • LegionreturnsLegionreturns Frets: 7965
    I used to have the Stagepass, upgraded to the EV Evolve 50 array system (two of them) and they're outstanding! I've even done full gigs with them with kick, snare, overheads, bass, guitar a vox through them. Absolute gems! 

They do a smaller version which is the Evolve 30, which would do you just fine I reckon. 

A bit more pricey, but the sound quality is outstanding and the subs punch well above their weight. 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • ChrisCox1994ChrisCox1994 Frets: 368
    2 x ev zlx12ps and a small allen and heath ZEDfx mixer, cant go wrong
    https://www.gbmusic.co.uk/

PA Hire and Event Management
  • Chris_JChris_J Frets: 140
    RCF Evox 5?

We use a pair of them for acoustic guitars, mandolin and vocals and they sound superb!

We used just one of them last weekend as volume levels in pubs are even more constrained than usual as they don't want the audience having to speak up or sing along. It was still nice to get out and play though.
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3306
    At our work's rehearsal facility, I've been using the Bose L1, their dedicated mixer and a sub for full band and acoustic rehearsals and this type of system (towered speakers) works really well. 

The projection to audience and for the performers (no monitors required) is excellent as is the weight and its compactness but the Bose stuff comes at a price. You can use your own mixer with it instead of the expensive Bose Tonematch and that'll knock off £500 but used prices aren't too bad.
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10402
    We use the Bose L2's all the time for gigs, basically have 2 x L2's with 4 bins  for larger stuff but for small stuff one L1 is fine. Nearly 10 years service since new so I can tell you they are reliable. We have the Tone match but never use it, instead we use a small digital mixer into the line in

They have no very highs of very lows ... being Bose, but as you know, acoustic guitar and vox doesn't have any either :)
    www.2020studios.co.uk