SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD Fender Classic Player 50s Strat - FINAL PRICE DROP

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• mark123mark123 Frets: 1325
    Dazza said:
    @mark123 yeah not sure, maybe a change on later models?
    Looks like it ,i hope i did not come across as doubting it i was just wondering how it was different, i'm actually very interested in it but would have to sell a couple of guitars first.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DazzaDazza Frets: 93
    mark123 said:
    Dazza said:
    @mark123 yeah not sure, maybe a change on later models?
    Looks like it ,i hope i did not come across as doubting it i was just wondering how it was different, i'm actually very interested in it but would have to sell a couple of guitars first.
    Hey man not at all, you got me thinking.so did some further detective work
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mark123mark123 Frets: 1325
    Are the pickups the American originals? and is the truss rod adjustment at the headstock end , i can't make out wether its a hole or plugged and at the heel of the neck for adjustment .
    mark123 said:
    Are the pickups the American originals? and is the truss rod adjustment at the headstock end , i can't make out wether its a hole or plugged and at the heel of the neck for adjustment .
    I’ve not opened it up TBH but think its the CS designed American vintage in there. Truss rod adjustment is on the heel mate.
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12352
    Had one of these, was a 2 point trem, the 57/62 pickups were really lovely.  V necks didn't agree with me but was an excellently built and lovely sounding srtat.
    munckee said:
    Had one of these, was a 2 point trem, the 57/62 pickups were really lovely.  V necks didn't agree with me but was an excellently built and lovely sounding srtat.
    Yeah - have to agree - I had an edge Strat before this and preferred for true Strat sound and feel.
  • rlwrlw Frets: 4695
    Still dithering over this.  Call me fickle - I am - but that tiny mark is bugging me.
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
  • MusicwolfMusicwolf Frets: 3654
    edited July 2021
    mark123 said:
    the 5* review - if I didn't have something very similar, I'd have it
    Fender Classic Player '50s Stratocaster review | MusicRadar
    Not saying its not that guitar but how come the one in the review has a 6 point trem and this has a 2 point trem? I had a 60s player and that had a 2 point trem .
    I've just looked through the pics in that review and in one shot it has a tradditional 6 hole trem then in the next it has a 2 point.  Now that's what I call a unique selling proposition.  I wonder if they can do colour changes the same way?

I'm pretty sure that my 60's Player from c2008 had a 2 point.

Musicwolf said:
    mark123 said:
    the 5* review - if I didn't have something very similar, I'd have it
    Fender Classic Player '50s Stratocaster review | MusicRadar
    Not saying its not that guitar but how come the one in the review has a 6 point trem and this has a 2 point trem? I had a 60s player and that had a 2 point trem .
    I've just looked through the pics in that review and in one shot it has a tradditional 6 hole trem then in the next it has a 2 point.  Now that's what I call a unique selling proposition.  I wonder if they can do colour changes the same way?

I'm pretty sure that my 60's Player from c2008 had a 2 point.

How confusing is that! Yep, flick a switch, sonic blue, boom!
    Now with Fender gig bag - if posted also in Fender box 
    Final drop - need the cash! (At least I’m being honest) £480
  • These are super guitars and great value for money. 
    These are super guitars and great value for money. 
    Thanks mate, if I hadn't had the other Strat and committed to another buy I’d be keeping this aswell as letting it go taking a hit!