What’s your favourite Quo track?

What's Hot

Comments

• DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 7069
    Living on an island of those that haven’t already been mentioned 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22516
    Roll Over Lay Down.

I'm only familiar with their singles really, haven't heard many of the full albums, but we had the compilation 12 Gold Bars which has lots of good stuff from the '70s.
  • proggyproggy Frets: 5827
    Can't remember the name of it, but I liked that 12 bar one they did.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ReverendReverend Frets: 4974

Stone cold classic. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 71963
    They did make some cheesey spaff so it can't be any Quo song (although many of those seem to be Francis's favourites).
    Marguerita Time was on the 80s music video channel last night... I'd almost forgotten just how shit it is. No wonder Alan Lancaster wouldn't go along with it. It's like they had a sudden urge to reconnect with their distant origins at Butlins.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

• thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9654
    prowla said:
    Pictures of Matchstick Men.
    Absolutely my choice as well
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16255
    ICBM said:
    They did make some cheesey spaff so it can't be any Quo song (although many of those seem to be Francis's favourites).
    Marguerita Time was on the 80s music video channel last night... I'd almost forgotten just how shit it is. No wonder Alan Lancaster wouldn't go along with it. It's like they had a sudden urge to reconnect with their distant origins at Butlins.
    Francis loves it and written at a time when he was drinking Margaritas all the time/ being alcoholic so it has a darker edge to it ( sort of). The rock n roll medley things they did later on were far worse. 

His autobiography is pretty straightforward and a reasonable read. From the book and watching interviews it always seems odd how little he was close to Rick even though in the public's eye they were inseparable. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11262
    There's something dark about Rossi. In print (his own and others') he can come across a bit, well, dark is the best description I csn come up with.

When he's on good form, however, he is one of the best interviewees you will ever see.

And that's much like Quo. In the seventies they could tear places apart but the eighties singles could have been from an entirely different band with different roots. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • bobblehatbobblehat Frets: 531
    Down Down or Paper Plane for me.
  • PhilKingPhilKing Frets: 1473
    I always liked Roadhouse Blues, it's a great driving song.  From the early years, I like Ice In The Sun.
  • RickLucasRickLucas Frets: 396
    Don't waste my time
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • ShrewsShrews Frets: 2959
    Rockin all over the world, because if you're in the pub and you hear that piano intro over the jukebox, then you know you're in for a singalong, a good time, and at the very least some serious foot tapping!

• PhilW1PhilW1 Frets: 941
    RickLucas said:
    Don't waste my time
    Yet another of my favourites,!
    For me this really highlights how good Rossi really was/is . The solo is is just perfect for the song and really memorable/ hummable which in my humble opinion is what a good solo should be. He’s done some great stuff but is so underrated (as are Quo).
  • koneguitaristkoneguitarist Frets: 4125
    For me it has to be the Blue for you Album, Mystery Song that riff, love the long version with the phased ending. 
  • koneguitaristkoneguitarist Frets: 4125
    On a separate note I may have been one of the first Quo fans to have the 1982 album in Southern Hemispehere. 
    Knowing album was coming out I wrote to my mam to get my brother (who used to look just like Parfitt) to buy the album, tape it and send it down to my ship in Falklands so I could be first on board to have it. ;-)
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22516
    PhilW1 said:
    RickLucas said:
    Don't waste my time
    Yet another of my favourites,!
    For me this really highlights how good Rossi really was/is . The solo is is just perfect for the song and really memorable/ hummable which in my humble opinion is what a good solo should be. He’s done some great stuff but is so underrated (as are Quo).
    From interviews I've read and heard, he seems to have had a real enthusiasm for learning new stuff and improving his guitar playing over the years, which is probably quite unusual for established stars in his position.
  • KeikoKeiko Frets: 962
    rock n roll

My dad always used to have '12 gold bars' on in the car. That one was my favourite, 'ol rag blues' is another good one.
  • chromatunachromatuna Frets: 366
    edited July 2021
    A favourite song is sooo hard but it has to be something from Piledriver through to Blue for You, they lost me after that on album but still cracking live for a few years. Right now I’ll say Roll Over Lay Down. My first ever gig was Quo at ‘ammersmith in early 1976 aged 15 - life changing   I’ll be in the vicinity of a Coghlan’s Quo gig in a few weeks and am very tempted to go
    This is the truth from hillbilly guitars!
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28280
    Rockin all over the world - I loved it as a teen the first moment I heard it, and it's one of those wonderful 'nostalgia' records for me that throws me right back in time. 

Also I thought the song was the best thing on Live Aid apart from Queen.

Great band they were, as Yoda used to say.

• OffsetOffset Frets: 11306
    Caroline.  Absolute belter, and one of the first songs my 1975 teen band learned and played.