SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS: Motorcycle Gloves/Boots

HaychHaych Frets: 5614
edited August 2021 in Misc £
First up, a pair of practically new Rev'it Sand 4 gloves, XXL.  Used for about 100 dry miles, selling because they just don't suit me, which is a shame because they're awesome gloves!

£50 posted.

Next up, a pair of ever newer Helstons Eagle Pro gloves, size 11.  Again, they just don't work for me, only a few weeks old and covered even less miles than the Rev'it gloves!

£40 posted.

Lastly, a pair of RST IOM TT Crosby waterproof boots.  Used only when I was doing my Mod1/Mod2 training and tests and haven't been used since I passed.  UK Size 11 / EU Size 46.  Excellent condition with a few signs of use but no heavy wear or major scuffs.

£55 posted. Now gone.

There is no 'H' in Aych, you know that don't you? ~ Wife

Turns out there is an H in Haych! ~ Sporky

Bit of trading feedback here.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• HaychHaych Frets: 5614
    Bump and new stuff added

Boots sold on eBay, gloves still available.

• AK99AK99 Frets: 1577
    The gloves are all too large for me unfortunately Haych, but d''ye mind me asking, do those particular boots work well on a bike - in terms of not getting laces caught up in the gear lever / the leather (vinyl?) pad protecting what's underneath from wear ?
    AK99 said:
    The gloves are all too large for me unfortunately Haych, but d''ye mind me asking, do those particular boots work well on a bike - in terms of not getting laces caught up in the gear lever / the leather (vinyl?) pad protecting what's underneath from wear ?
    Honestly, they're supposed to be too large for me too, by a long way, but I reckon I could go a size bigger.

I've been having a nightmare trying to find gloves that work for me - hence why these are for sale.

Anyway, the boots; I never had any issue with the laces getting caught on any part of the bike.  I suppose that was helped by the fact that I always wore riding jeans which covered the laces.

The leather seemed quite robust but I didn't wear them for long enough to know how they'd do long term.  I got about 4 days use out of them over my mod1/mod2 training and replaced them for something a bit easier to get on and take off soon after.  If they'd had an extra zipper closure system I probably would have kept them.

• AK99AK99 Frets: 1577
    Good point about the zipper - I'd forgotten how big a pain it is trying to get into multiple layers of bike gear with studs instead of zips, and adding laced boots wouldn't help ..:)

I've given up trying to buy gloves remotely really; similar experiences to yours - my hands are either Medium, Large or XL, according to the selection go gloves I have here at the moment :)
    Well, I have a pair of Rev’it gloves in XL which are perfect but they’re cooler weather gloves. You’d think another pair of gloves from the same brand would fit pretty much the same, wouldn’t you?

Wrong!

I’ve also learned from experience that just because a pair of gloves fit doesn’t mean they’ll work on the bike. Both pairs above fit fine, even if I ball my hands and make fists. On the bike, though, both pairs just don’t suit me at all. 

• smogfallssmogfalls Frets: 148
    oh man, I literally bought a pair of the Heston eagle pros in that same colour just a week ago!.. wish I'd seen this first!
    My Youtube Channel - Vintage Jazz, Blues & Country lessons;

https://youtube.com/@alexfarranguitar

https://instagram.com/alexfarranguitar