Emprize amps

What's Hot
horseheadhorsehead Frets: 220
Anyone come across them as yet, based in York allegedly and see to do some nice bits, but wondered if anyone has dealt or come across them?

http://emprizeamps.com/helmsley.html#helmsley-front
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• skayskay Frets: 394
    @horsehead Yeah these look really interesting, especially the 5 watt champ with a 12” speaker as this is something I’ve been looking in to recently, and I’m intrigued by the model called ‘10’ (could this be Lazy J10 on the cheap?).

I reckon that you would need to do your research first and be sure what you want as you’d probably lose a chunk if you ever tried to sell it.

I’ll be watching the replies to this thread with interest…

With so many comparison web sites out there, how do I choose the best one?

• skay said:
    @horsehead Yeah these look really interesting, especially the 5 watt champ with a 12” speaker as this is something I’ve been looking in to recently, and I’m intrigued by the model called ‘10’ (could this be Lazy J10 on the cheap?).

I reckon that you would need to do your research first and be sure what you want as you’d probably lose a chunk if you ever tried to sell it.

He says what the circuits are. The 10 is a Harvard. 
  • skayskay Frets: 394
    skay said:

He says what the circuits are. The 10 is a Harvard. 
    Oh well, I won’t give up the Saturday job just yet then…

With so many comparison web sites out there, how do I choose the best one?

• BluesyDaveBluesyDave Frets: 411
    I have an Emprise 5 and can thoroughly recommend them.  Philip, the guy that builds the amps is an absolute gent.  Amp is very well made and sounds like a tweed champ should.  I went for the Jensen P8R for the vintage vibe.  If you're ever near Kings Lynn, give me a shout and you can try mine.
    No Darling....I've had that ages.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JonathangusJonathangus Frets: 4510
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

• horseheadhorsehead Frets: 220
    I have an Emprise 5 and can thoroughly recommend them.  Philip, the guy that builds the amps is an absolute gent.  Amp is very well made and sounds like a tweed champ should.  I went for the Jensen P8R for the vintage vibe.  If you're ever near Kings Lynn, give me a shout and you can try mine.
    That's an awesome offer man, thanks
  • BluesyDaveBluesyDave Frets: 411
    np bud  ;)
    No Darling....I've had that ages.
  • Hi, I've been on fretboard for quite a while now and really should share some knowledge ... which I will do.  If there is anything that you want to know about the amps I build the fire away.  I'm like many other amp building outfits .... one man setup.  I've been building and selling amps for about 10 years and trying to keep the price down as much as I can.  Website setup about 2 yrs ago, was going to do a load of guitar shows last year and Covid got in the way.  I'm York based and been playing guitar for +30yrs ... doesn't show ! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • horseheadhorsehead Frets: 220
    Sent you an email now @EmprizeAmps but honestly, I can't wait to try your amps and hopefully be a local lad playing them
  • Hi @EmprizeAmps I've also been looking at your builds.

Can you tell us a bit mor about the Clansman please? Looks like a usefully small and loud bit of kit, is it your own circuit?

Cheers

• The Clansman is based on a Marshall 18 Watt Lite.  It has 1 x 12AX7 preamp, 1 x 12AX7 LTP and 2 x EL84 power tubes.  I have gigged with this amp and for its diminutive size it packs a lot of punch and is loud.  It has a pre-phase inverter master volume to try and bring down to decent levels.  It's all hand-wired inside - I build all of the amps here in York.