Erica Synths Acidbox III

personalnadirpersonalnadir Frets: 355
Quite a pricey box, but has any tried this on guitar? Has the advantage of being a stereo filter, so great for use with other instruments and has its own overdrive circuit. Have been vacillating between an envelope filter, preamp or a phaser as a next purchase and this is probably edging it at the moment (unless an Effectrode Blackbird or Empress Phaser turn up in the classifieds [seems I only buy from brands starting in E these days]).

Found this demo of it, but it sounds like the interface was distorting:

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• There's some brief clips of it on guitar from the official demo - which features at least one burning barrel. Sounds great.

• Grabbed this the other day. It's a lot of fun being able to mix the envelope follower and LFO in interesting ways. The overdrive sounds really nice too.

Had a brief play with putting the filter resonance into self oscillation (which is loud); it will quite happily sit there making all your sci-fi beeps and boops without input at all.

While it does have a bypass switch, that seems to only bypass the filter, not the gain stage. It's a bit odd, but I have a patchbay to bypass effects I don't use.