Earl Slick

What's Hot
JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8792
Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• JasonJason Frets: 1103
    tFB Trader
    I interviewed them both (Slick and Matlock) whilst they were locked in together, they were definitely like the odd couple, they were both really funny. Slick was helping decorate the living room
    The Guitar Show, Cranmore Park, Birmingham | Website | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Podcast
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 7114
    That was a good read ta.  Love Earl Slick's playing and to the 14 year old me he was the coolest man  on the planet alongside Bowie during the Serious Moonlght tour.  My parents took me to the show (cool eh) and he walked through the car park bit outside Wembley among all the fans on his way in.  I spotted him and thought what a cool dude he looked and an hour or so later he was up onstage :-)
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8792
    Jason said:
    I interviewed them both (Slick and Matlock) whilst they were locked in together, they were definitely like the odd couple, they were both really funny. Slick was helping decorate the living room
    That’s effing cool as! Is the interview published anywhere?
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30888
    edited July 2021

In this handy and invaluable instructional technique video, Slicky shows all wannabees the essential art of how to produce a ripping solo whilst also sparking a fag up...

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22774
    Very interesting interview.  He's cool, seems unpretentious and I like the fact that he relishes his role as a sideman.

He doesn't mention his spell in Little Caesar, which was great.  Or Phantom, Rocker & Slick.... actually I guess he's probably done too many things to be listed in one short piece.

• GassageGassage Frets: 30888
    Philly_Q said:
    Very interesting interview.  He's cool, seems unpretentious and I like the fact that he relishes his role as a sideman.

He doesn't mention his spell in Little Caesar, which was great.  Or Phantom, Rocker & Slick.... actually I guess he's probably done too many things to be listed in one short piece.

He's probably forgotten

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 4138
    Philly_Q said:

Didn’t realise he was in little Caesar , phantom rocker and slick are cool 
    Philly_Q said:

Didn’t realise he was in little Caesar , phantom rocker and slick are cool 
    He's on the second Little Caesar album, Influence.  It's really good, although I do prefer the first album!
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16294
    JerkMoans said:
    Jason said:
    @JerkMoans ; they are both on the 9-42 podcast. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • JasonJason Frets: 1103
    tFB Trader
    JerkMoans said:
    Jason said:
    Yeah, whilst I haven't been able to run The Guitar Show I've managed to chat to some of my absolute heroes on the podcast

it's here https://feeds.captivate.fm/9-42/ or just search Apple or Spotify. Glen and Earl were both very good company, we had to edit quite a bit out because we could have chatted for hours

I interviewed Kyle Gass this week - he was hysterical, Bernard Butler is the guest on Tuesday morning

The Guitar Show, Cranmore Park, Birmingham | Website | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Podcast
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6059
    Gassage said:

In this handy and invaluable instructional technique video, Slicky shows all wannabees the essential art of how to produce a ripping solo whilst also sparking a fag up...
    You should be so lucky.  ;)
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28333
    Gassage said:

I was gonna look at that - link not working!
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14422
    Editing a post neuters YouTube video links, converting them into mere thumbnails.

I'm not surprised that, in the late Seventies, Bowie's minders kept Slick at arm's length. They probably feared that he would lead Bowie back into substance abuse.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    edited July 2021

• axisusaxisus Frets: 28333
    Philly_Q said:

Bloody good! Now I want to see the whole show ...