SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SORTED - BAD CAT 30w or Matchless

What's Hot
PaulButtPaulButt Frets: 49
edited July 2021 in Amps £
SORTED

Cash waiting. I'm near Liverpool. I'm ideally after either a hot cat, a black cat, Spitfire or Lightning (both 15w I know).
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• garfygarfy Frets: 144
    edited July 2021
    Theres a few options on Reverb (i'm sure you've looked though) and a rather nice SC30 on ebay (no affiliation at all)
  • russpmrusspm Frets: 438
    There are both 30w and 15w black cat amps. They have been done as a head or combo and with or without reverb. I have a 15w head with reverb and it’s just a brilliant amp. The master volume on mine can be switched off independently on either channel. Separate reverb for each channel and there is also a half power switch.
    loads of amp for the money if you can find a used one.
  • PaulButtPaulButt Frets: 49
    @russpm I've been offered a bad cat hot cat 15 but I'm worried that it might not give me enough clean head room with a drummer. What are your thoughts?
  • DodgeDodge Frets: 1435
    Having owned both, the 30 watt amps sound better IMHO, but the 15 watters are louder than any other 15 watt amps I've ever played.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • russpmrusspm Frets: 438
    PaulButt said:
    @russpm I've been offered a bad cat hot cat 15 but I'm worried that it might not give me enough clean head room with a drummer. What are your thoughts?
    I think the 30w would be better for clean headroom with a drummer mate.
  • KeefyKeefy Frets: 2285
    Dodge said:
    Having owned both, the 30 watt amps sound better IMHO, but the 15 watters are louder than any other 15 watt amps I've ever played.
    Yup. My Matchless Lightning 15 Reverb is the loudest 15W amp I’ve ever played or heard. It’s not for sale btw - I plan to be buried with it.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited July 2021
    Keefy said:
    Dodge said:
    Yup. My Matchless Lightning 15 Reverb is the loudest 15W amp I’ve ever played or heard. It’s not for sale btw - I plan to be buried with it.
    Having owned both a Badcat 15w Cublll  and Matchless Nighthawk, the Matchless is louder IMHO My 30/15 is insanely loud and has headroom for days depending how clean you like you cleans 
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9514
    garfy said:
    Keefy said:
    Dodge said:
    Having owned both a Badcat 15w Cublll  and Matchless Nughthawk, the Matchless is louder IMHO My 30/15 is insanely loud and has headroom for days depending how clean you like you cleans 
    He’s right about the Matchless ;)

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    garfy said:
    Keefy said:
    Dodge said:
    Having owned both a Badcat 15w Cublll  and Matchless Nughthawk, the Matchless is louder IMHO My 30/15 is insanely loud and has headroom for days depending how clean you like you cleans 
    He’s right about the Matchless ;)

Gorgeous!!