SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Marshall 1978 JMP 2104 FS - sold

What's Hot
shaunmshaunm Frets: 1595
edited July 2021 in Amps £
Good morning all,

I have come to the decision that I am selling my Marshall 2104 1978 combo. The truth is I am happy with my amps I have from DWJ and this one is sat in my rehearsal room all the time these days. 

So the good. Well it sounds incredible! If you want rock music then this is the amp. Have a look at the current JCM800 thread if you want a comprehensive take on how great these amps are. The kicker there is that even though this is the same circuit as the JCM800 it somehow doesn't sound identical, it is maybe a touch less harsh but with all the plus points. 

The internals are here

https://imgur.com/gallery/ZP94b56

From what I can tell this looks like it hasn't been altered and when I spoke to @ICBM about he he thought the same. As you can see mallard is still present as are the original black backs. 

So it sounds excellent, its made well and its not been messed with 

The bad point

Whilst the internals have not been messed with at some point someone thought it would be a good idea to do this to the

https://imgur.com/gallery/RD7UDNo

Basically they stripped it back to the wood and changed the grill cloth for what looks like velvet. Now I was going to get it changed but my band members all said "don't do that, it looks that shit it looks cool".  So you would either have to live with the look or get it recovered which really isn't a big job. Personally id do as someone has here and get it made into a separate head and cab. 

Now this isn't a light amp. So I will not be posting. I am happy to drive a little to meet up though. I am in West Yorkshire. 

Price wise these seem to be fetching silly money these days so I think I will be reasonable and say £700 takes it. 

No trades thank you. 

Kind regards
Shaun
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Been watching these over the last year and while there are a lot that are stupidly priced, I don't think they're selling at that as they never leave Ebay or Reverb. Those that have sold on Ebay have gone for around £700, in fact the last one was listed for weeks at £800 and then finally went when it was dropped to £700 or £750. 
  • shaunmshaunm Frets: 1595
    I haven’t followed them to be honest. I am a fair sort though if I’ve over shot I will listen to an offer
  • rockmonsterrockmonster Frets: 832
    Is postage an option?
  • JonathangusJonathangus Frets: 4476
    shaunm said:
    Good morning all,

Personally id do as someone has here and get it made into a separate head and cab. 

My one, I think you're referring to?  It came already in a (home-made, but perfectly serviceable) mini-headshell.  But if I hadn't recently picked it up, I'd be figuring out how to get yours here from Yorkshire right now, and hitting up Zilla or Modulus for a headshell.  GLWTS.
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Is postage an option?
    Not really. It’s such a heavy amp and I have little or no faith in companies not to break it. 
    shaunm said:
    Good morning all,

Personally id do as someone has here and get it made into a separate head and cab. 

My one, I think you're referring to?  It came already in a (home-made, but perfectly serviceable) mini-headshell.  But if I hadn't recently picked it up, I'd be figuring out how to get yours here from Yorkshire right now, and hitting up Zilla or Modulus for a headshell.  GLWTS.
    Many thanks. I agree. If I were to keep it it’s what I’d be doing.
    And sold
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Dave8Dave8 Frets: 242
    That went quick! Shame  :/
    Dave8 said:
    That went quick! Shame  :/
    Not for me. 
  • To the buyer... let me know if you move it on please. I quite fancy one of these.