Fender PM2 paramount

What's Hot
gilbygilby Frets: 176
Hi, what's the general opinion of these all wood parlour types. I have a little bit of inheritance money to treat myself with and am very tempted with a small bodied guitar. Don't want to go much more than 500 pounds, would prefer a wider nut than a 43mm. What would you good people suggest I look at as alternatives?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• KilgoreKilgore Frets: 8599
    Alternatives:

Faith Mercury, all solid but 43mm nut.

Alvarez ap70 (spruce) Ap66 (mahogany) laminate b/s. 45mm nut.

Art and lutherie Road House Parlour.

Guild p240 memoir, lam b/s. 45mm nut.

Recording King make a number of sub £200 parlours and there is also the cheap and cheerful Gretsch Jim Dandy. Of course you will get more guitar used. 

I'm sure you're aware that parlours aren't really designed for heavy strumming. They're good for Fingerpicking and comfortable for sofa noodling.

As always best advice is try before you buy. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 71956
    I haven't played the parlour one, but I worked on a larger Paramount cutaway electro-acoustic not long ago and it was a very nice guitar - quite Taylor-like, very well made and sounded good. Just be careful you get the long-reach Allen key with it, and don't lose it! It's absolutely essential for adjusting the truss rod.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8176
    I have the parlour one in sunburst. Lovely guitar - that said, I've not had it out of the case in a year...
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom