Flyrig and AC30/AC15?

What's Hot
rockmonsterrockmonster Frets: 823
edited July 2021 in Amps
Long shot here but……Our band are doing a charity gig soon and there are supposed to be lots of bands playing. We haven’t had a slot as to when we are on and the turn around will be tight and once your amp is on the stage it’ll have to stay there until the gig ends…..pain in the arse but also……how it’ll be managed is beyond me as the stage will be so full there may be no room! Anyway bass and drums provided but there are 2 amps provided. An AC30 and an AC15 of dubious origin! I just got a flyrig Kotzen V2 from a kindly member of this parish and firstly it sounds pretty good through the DSL100HR and the EVH 100 but awful through my EVH 50!
my question is has anyone tried a flyrig through any of the Vox’s above? Does it sound ok?…..as I said long shot but you never know. I’m hoping to turn up with just a guitar and the flyrig in the pocket of the gig bag. Any thoughts, observation or experience?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• JayGeeJayGee Frets: 1254
    Run the Flyrig straight into the desk?

Might not be perfect but subject to the PA, monitors, and the guy running the desk on the night being halfway decent you’ll know what you’re going to get…
    Don't ask me, I just play the damned thing...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • rockmonsterrockmonster Frets: 823
    JayGee said:
    Run the Flyrig straight into the desk?

Might not be perfect but subject to the PA, monitors, and the guy running the desk on the night being halfway decent you’ll know what you’re going to get…
    Probably the most sensible solution!
  • TrudeTrude Frets: 914
    I had a RKv2 for a while. If I was doing this gig I would run it into the front end of either Vox and just turn off the Sansamp section since there's no way to disable the speaker sim otherwise if memory serves.

Going direct with a FR will never around as good as a real amp onstage (I tried, and found it rather one dimensional and flat sounding). It's a good backup option though if there are problems with the provided backline on the night.
    Some of the gear, some idea

Trading feedback here
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Most pedals into an AC 30 only sounds good when using normal channel, top boost will be gross.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • rockmonsterrockmonster Frets: 823
    edited July 2021
    B@llocks to it I’m using my EVH!