Please school me on earbuds

What's Hot
RockerRocker Frets: 4978
For my wife's phone.  Not for music replay, just phone.  We want good microphone and clear speech.  All suggestions welcome, thanks.
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• MattharrierMattharrier Frets: 453
    I'm no expert, but I have a set of Anker bluetooth earbuds, and they work fine as a headset. I've not had any complaints about voice quality from anyone else, and it always sound pretty clear at my end. They are a bit big, and my wife says I look like I'm wearing something out of Star Trek, but the more expensive ones are smaller. Mine are the SoundBuds Surge, and what appears to be the equivalent product in their current line are about £25 on Amazon: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Anker-Headphones-SoundBuds-Bluetooth-Waterproof/dp/B07N8RYGC4/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=anker+soundbuds+surge&qid=1626100831&sr=8-2
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6666
    Johnson & Johnson are the best.  ;)
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12292
    I've never had expansive ones, mi E have always been around £50 and below, what I will say about them is that they are fine for short term use but worn say on a long walk I find they become uncomfortable and they amplify every step and jolt and teeth clash I take which becomes fatiguing after a while. A more expensive set may be better. 
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
  • MattharrierMattharrier Frets: 453
    The Anker ones I have are actually not too bad for this, I rarely run for any real length of time, but they have a rubber hoop that fits inside the cartilage of your outer ear and holds the bud in place. The cable goes around the back of your neck and so generally doesn't bounce too much either. They are intended for active use though, so those designed for general use may not fit quite as well when moving.

The bass response is pretty good, perhaps a bit over the top - I tend to listen to audibooks and podcasts more than music and some voices can be a bit boomy, but overall they are pretty decent, especially for the price.