Soldering iron recommendations

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• PhiltrePhiltre Frets: 4164
    Ossyrocks said:

A word of caution. He indicated that this would be re-sold, so pity the poor bastard who gets my old one!

Rob
    Wow.

This is the company to avoid folks:

I certainly won't be buying anything from them. And I shall certainly not be recommending Hakko from this point forward. I'll also make sure this gets widely known on social media.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Are you going to buy another one? :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philtre said:
    Ossyrocks said:

A word of caution. He indicated that this would be re-sold, so pity the poor bastard who gets my old one!

Rob
    Wow.

I certainly won't be buying anything from them. And I shall certainly not be recommending Hakko from this point forward. I'll also make sure this gets widely known on social media.
    Please wait until I have my refund if you don't mind.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2324
    edited September 2021
    Ossyrocks said:
    Philtre said:
    Don't waste any more time on this. Get onto the CC company and get your money back. Their customer service seems abysmal so let's make sure everyone knows about it...
    Well, I have had a return call from Derek! He really dug his heels in and wanted it back to test again. I refused and stuck to the full refund request.

Eventually he agreed, but not before arguing that he couldn't refund for the tips as they couldn't be re-sold as they were used! I said this was unacceptable too and after some discussion he agreed to refund those too. After some more pushing, he also agreed to refund all my shipping costs (for both returns). It's now packed up and ready to go back, and I have emailed customer services with the details, and cc'd Derek.

It's been quite a trial, so let's see how long it takes to get my money back, which is now £211.64 in total.

Rob
    Wow that's absolutely ridiculous. Being re-sold is just the icing on the cake...

Ossyrocks said:
    Philtre said:
    Ossyrocks said:

Rob
    Wow.

Please wait until I have my refund if you don't mind.
    Yeah definitely, don't want to mess that up!
  • OssyrocksOssyrocks Frets: 1673
    Over three weeks since I sent it back. I've had to call them twice and they have called me twice, but.......... I have finally been refunded !!!! Halle frickin lujah. 
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • robinbowesrobinbowes Frets: 3021
    Ossyrocks said:
    Over three weeks since I sent it back. I've had to call them twice and they have called me twice, but.......... I have finally been refunded !!!! Halle frickin lujah. 
    Yay!
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2324
    Ossyrocks said:
    Great news! More of a pain than it should have been, but at least you've (finally!) got your money again.