Small amp with recording interface?

What's Hot
daveyhdaveyh Frets: 684
So, I got a NUX Mighty plug and it’s a cracking little beastie. I was thinking that the Mighty Air might be a great practice and demo recording solution, but it turns out it doesn’t work as an interface like the plug.

So, anyone got any suggestions for small practice amp with USB interface for recording?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• chrisj1602chrisj1602 Frets: 3964
    What’s your budget? The latest Blackstar HT-5 has a USB out; I record out of my Tone Master Deluxe Reverb and it’s great.
  • StevepageStevepage Frets: 3047
    Laney Ironheart Studio has a USB out too I believe. Great little amps
  • daveyhdaveyh Frets: 684
    I’m probably prepared to go up to £250. I was just looking at the ID:Core V3 but hadn’t thought about the HTs tbh. I’m a fan of Blackstar so this is interesting. I had been hoping to find something to sit on a desk but needs must.
    I must admit my first amp was a Laney Linebacker and havn't considered them since.
  • StevepageStevepage Frets: 3047
    I’ve tried the Linebacker and didn’t like it myself.

the little ironheart studio is however fantastic. Quite versatile and has tone that punches well above its price tag.  I’m sure I’m seen them second for around your budget too. 

There is also the Laney IRT Pulse, which is a little tabletop preamp that sounds like something to consider.
  • AdeyAdey Frets: 2254
    edited July 2021
    I've got an IRT studio and it is very good (in my opinion anyway).

The IRT Pulse , as Stevenage above mentioned, could be well worth looking at. There are loads of features crammed into a tiny space.

There's one for £120 on eBay right now.
  • AlexlotlAlexlotl Frets: 172
    Yamaha THRs will do this. They have proper ASIO drivers, you can choose modelled or flat output.
    This is turning out to be quite a confusing exercise. Looked at the IRT Pulse, seems like great bit of kit but Laney seems very much geared towards the metal end of things and whilst I do like the occasional bit of high gain to dabble with the hair and symphonic, my thing thing is very much in the classic rock spectrum, Plexi all the way for me really. 

My son has a Vox Adio which is great for recording but I was wanting something different for variety. 
  • GrumpyrockerGrumpyrocker Frets: 4135
    The IRT amps do feature the GH50 channel which is very much a classic rock kinda sound. 

• HabaneroHabanero Frets: 252
    I have a Laney Lionheart Studio. It's good for clean to classic rock sounds, and a decent pedal platform for higher levels of gain. It has USB and various other outputs and inputs.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Thank you, this looks promising, had no idea about this Laney stuff. Detailed investigation required!