Izotope Neutron - are you meant to analyse a DI signal or a finished amp tone?

What's Hot
I have run the analysis with Relay on all the tracks, but not noticing much happening, which might be because I'm running a DI into amp plugins.

How are you meant to use this? I've done a quick google and understand that there are better places on the internet to ask these questions, but wondered if anyone here uses Izotope plugins and how they use them?

Cheers
Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I'd put the relays at the end of my chains, after all plugins.

Bye!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • @WiresDreamDisasters Thank you, mate, that makes a lot of sense. I guess I didn't read or think any further than the recommended "first in chain" thing. I'll give that a try! These plugins seem like they'll be the answer to my problems, but it's a bit of a learning curve. Easier than actual mixing though, I hope.

• So I can't say I've been overly impressed. It's either user error or izotope are just carving my rock mix as a pop song because it sounds bloody awful. Muddy and has wiped out all the chuggs in preference for highlighting my "focus" vocal. I feel like I've done a better job of mixing it myself. But the problem with that is that ive never done it before and am questioning if my efforts are good enough.

I'll carry on and may use ozone to master it. So as to not be a complete waste of money!

• spark240spark240 Frets: 2082
    So I can't say I've been overly impressed. It's either user error or izotope are just carving my rock mix as a pop song because it sounds bloody awful. Muddy and has wiped out all the chuggs in preference for highlighting my "focus" vocal. I feel like I've done a better job of mixing it myself. But the problem with that is that ive never done it before and am questioning if my efforts are good enough.

I'll carry on and may use ozone to master it. So as to not be a complete waste of money!
    I use Ozone all the time, Neutron Ive used on the odd track here and there.

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview