Orange in a Box Pedal?

What's Hot
Vintage-TVintage-T Frets: 405
There seems to be a bazillion Marshall of Fender in a box type pedals, but are there any Orange in a Box ones people would recommend?

I really like the noise a Rockerverb makes, but I really don't want to buy another amp.

I see AMT do the O2, but any others to highlight?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72313
    Try a Catalinbread Dirty Little Secret - it's billed as a 'Marshall in a box' with 'Super Lead' and 'Super Bass' settings, but in fact to me the Super Lead sounds far more like a Laney (there's a characteristic grittiness to it which Marshalls don't have but Laneys do) and the Super Bass sounds more like an Orange - big, bassy and doomy.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24268
    Get the AMT.

The entire Legend 2 series are excellent.
  • steamabacussteamabacus Frets: 1265
    edited July 2021
    Wampler did one (now discontinued?), originally called the Ace Thirty but they had to change the name after Vox/Korg came knocking (I don't remember what it was changed too, something with 'Thirty' in the name I think).

There's also a small Australian brand that do one, the Mozztronics ORANG-e

I've not tried the AMT O2 but I do have the Vox-in-a-box V1 and agree that they are excellent.

[edit] Brainfart! That was the Vox one of course! Fishboy has linked the Orange one.
  • AntonHunterAntonHunter Frets: 919
    Get the AMT.

The entire Legend 2 series are excellent.
    How's the Cab Sim on them? Compared to the Tech 21 range that Joyo cloned? (slightly off-topic sorry as they don't do an Orange one)
  • Vintage-TVintage-T Frets: 405
    I have an AMT B1 (Bogner type). Don't think I've used it as anything other than a dirt pedal. Will try out the cab sim tomorrow, as have to do a bit of recording.
  • DopesickDopesick Frets: 1508
    Would’ve thought the Bax Bangeetar would be the best choice. Like most stuff Orange do these days it was discontinued fairly quickly. There is one on eBay though.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30290
    Sansamp and AMT.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • AntonHunterAntonHunter Frets: 919
    Dopesick said:
    Would’ve thought the Bax Bangeetar would be the best choice. Like most stuff Orange do these days it was discontinued fairly quickly. There is one on eBay though.
    Looks like they still make them, still on their website.
  • chrisj1602chrisj1602 Frets: 3965
    Orange also do The Getaway Driver
  • lysanderlysander Frets: 574
    I’m selling a mint bax bangeetar, the white version. PM me if interested.
  • TINMAN82TINMAN82 Frets: 1846
    edited July 2021
    I’d have thought the best Orange “pedal” would actually be one of their lunchbox or micro heads/ Terror Stamp.
  • Vintage-TVintage-T Frets: 405
    Bax Bangeetar sounds great but it’s way too big. Need a more compact solution to cram onto my board. Will look out for an amt or that Wampler one.
  • shadyshady Frets: 252
    Bergs did a demo of a One Control Flourescent Orange Amp in a Box a few years back, might be worth a look. Probably unobtainium now. 
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4916
    What's this...

• UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 12897
    There's the EQD Monarch, which is discontinued but I bet you could find one if you tried.