SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Traded 1992 Fender Strat Plus £975!

What's Hot
BowynMadleyBowynMadley Frets: 152
edited December 2021 in Guitars £
Wanted one of these for a while and waited for the right one spec wise to come along which this one is. Lace sensor golds and jumbo refret. I've modded it with the brilliant 20db midboost kit by Dennis Cornell which can easily be returned to standard spec (all original parts are with the guitar)  
Condition wise its fair on the body and I'd say good on the neck considering this era of fenders tend to flake on the neck in an uncomfortable and unsightly way. 

What got me in this situation though regardless how good this guitar is that I am just a gibson man and the scale length just isn't for me. 

Trade wise ideally I'd like a Gibson SG 61 reissue or special with p90s. Has to be gloss finish. Alternatively I'd consider a firebird (not the studio) or maybe an explorer. Cash either way for the right deal

If a trade is out of the question I would just want what it owes me which is £1100 or £1025 (currently 1200-1500 on evilbay) collected from chepstow or will travel a sensible distance to meet. 

Now £975 to forumites! Now the cheapest strat plus around

http://imgur.com/a/SrE6GlA

Comes with a period correct hardcase in good condition for 29years old.

Cheers

Bo

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• jeztone2jeztone2 Frets: 2160
    That’s gorgeous. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BowynMadleyBowynMadley Frets: 152
    jeztone2 said:
    That’s gorgeous. 
    Thanks @jeztone2 ; it's a great guitar and I'm sad that it's not for me
  • Switch625Switch625 Frets: 583
    Would love to see some more pics and specs
    Switch625 said:
    Would love to see some more pics and specs
    OK. So the plus range what fenders top of the line model in the late 80s and 90s. They introduced the use of lace sensor golds on this model which are low output non magnetised pickups that don't produce 60 cycle hum meaning they are almost noiseless but still give that classic strat chime and spank.  They also brought in the roller nut which meant trem use was far more tuning friendly as the string goes through two greased rollers. The neck is the perfect middle ground I'd say middle C  bordering on D shape. Comfortable in hand with semi matt finish to reduce friction. Tuners are locking schallers as standard and are probably the best tuners I've ever used. The refret was done some time ago by the previous owners tech with what looks to be 6105s that have lost some of their height. The guitar has recently had a setup with 10s with a fret dress, touch up of the crowns and edges. I'll attach some more pics below trying to show the true condition but black isn't easy to photograph the only blemishes are one small dink on the top of the body and the back of the headstock which is pretty good for a used guitar that's nearly 30 years old. There's some finish checking on the back of the headstock which I actually like and adds to the vintage vibe

I hope this is good enough of a rundown bit if anyone has any more questions i'll my best to answer them.

http://imgur.com/a/d36IYTh
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Bump. Serious offers and trades (no fender scale lengths) considered
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 11669
    I have a 1989 Strat Plus that I've owned for exactly 30 years.  It's the best playing guitar I own and the only time it'll leave my possession is when it's prised from my cold, stiff hands.  I'm pretty sure whoever picks this one up will be getting a great guitar.
  • misterpetemisterpete Frets: 36
    Why are the desirable guitars always miles away? 
    Why are the desirable guitars always miles away? 
    Happy to meet up half way
    Don't really want to advertise this anywhere else as I'd rather see someone on here take her home. Bumping this up as I've seen something local to me I fancy but this needs to go first. 
    Bumping it up. Anything for trade? 
  • Bump. Sensible offers considered. If the cornell system is putting you off I can't return it standard very easily as I kept all the original parts
  • Switch625Switch625 Frets: 583
    I think the distance is probably the main reason why nobody is biting... out of interest what does the mid boost kit do?
  • Switch625 said:
    I think the distance is probably the main reason why nobody is biting... out of interest what does the mid boost kit do?
    I'm very happy to travel to meet up with anyone wanting to buy it.  Up to about an hour and a half from chepstow. That's brings Swindon,  Reading, Birmingham, Swansea and North Devon (Tiverton/columpton) as potential meeting points 
    The midboost is on the top tone pot and rolls in up to 20db of boost. Mainly in the lower mids.  0-3 fattens up the sound, 3-6 fattens and brings up the volume 6-10 will overdrive your amp enough that can act as a solo boost and as adding gain for a solo sound. The lower tone control becomes a master tone for the whole guitar. 
  • Bumperoony. I'm considering adding the option of postage if anyone would be interested.  Happy to box her up if the buyer organises the courier
  • To the top she goes. Happy to take £1000 for her if she goes to a fellow forumite. 
  • Now on ebay but would prefer it sold or traded here. 
  • To the top she goes. Cant believe this hasn't gone yet.
  • Bump to the top. What's not to love? He says trying to flog it. 
  • To the top she goes! 
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28337
    I had one of those, very good strats. I only got rid as I decided that I wanted/needed a more trad look strat.