HVLP Spray Systems

What's Hot
Hi, Has anyone any recommendations for a good HVLP system specifically for applying nitro?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DanielsguitarsDanielsguitars Frets: 3288
    tFB Trader
    Also check out a more conventional gun if you're using a small compressor, you can run out of air pretty quickly.
    www.danielsguitars.co.uk
    (formerly customkits)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TrentGuitarsTrentGuitars Frets: 1730
    tFB Trader
    Think he might be talking about the Fuji/Earlex systems you can get.

Not sure I'd use one for fine finish work, they are best suited for coating large areas I've found. But there's nothing wrong with the Earlex system if you want to get started, not sprayed solvents through it personally but I have sprayed paint through one many years ago before I started using conventional spray guns.

It depends how much of this youre going to be doing as a decent HVLP setup like the Fuji can end up costing the same as a compressor + oil/water separator + decent gun.
    edited July 2021 tFB Trader
    Think he might be talking about the Fuji/Earlex systems you can get.

Not sure I'd use one for fine finish work, they are best suited for coating large areas I've found. But there's nothing wrong with the Earlex system if you want to get started, not sprayed solvents through it personally but I have sprayed paint through one many years ago before I started using conventional spray guns.

It depends how much of this youre going to be doing as a decent HVLP setup like the Fuji can end up costing the same as a compressor + oil/water separator + decent gun.
    No I'm talking a more conventional spray gun that's not really hvlp, they run off a normal compressor.

It also depends what you're planning on spraying, a 1.0 needle will do most guitar things, I've got a 0.8 for fine burst type work, a 1.0 dedicated to clears and a 1.2 for metallics

I use ANI guns that are good for the money and a devilbiss Sri, I will be getting another devilbiss at some point because I like them

Look up on you tube the difference between hvlp and conventional then make your own mind up.
    www.danielsguitars.co.uk
    (formerly customkits)
  • SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 7014
    tFB Trader
    You can't inflate your car tyres using an HVLP system
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    You can't inflate your car tyres using an HVLP system
    Can't say I've tried  =)
    www.danielsguitars.co.uk
    (formerly customkits)
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4130
    edited July 2021
    Would something like this be a good starting point for spraying guitars? I've also got a couple of motorbike fuel tanks and parts that I'd like to dabble with...

"Mohegan Air Compressor - Wolf Air. 6 Litre Air receiver. 1hp motor. Fully automatic"

https://www.gumtree.com/p/air-compressors/mohegan-air-compressor-wolf-air/1410055927
  • GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8823
    tFB Trader
    Would something like this be a good starting point for spraying guitars? I've also got a couple of motorbike fuel tanks and parts that I'd like to dabble with...

"Mohegan Air Compressor - Wolf Air. 6 Litre Air receiver. 1hp motor. Fully automatic"

https://www.gumtree.com/p/air-compressors/mohegan-air-compressor-wolf-air/1410055927
    Minimum tank size id go for is 50 litres.
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4130

Minimum tank size id go for is 50 litres.
    Cool - thanks!