Problems with buyer on Reverb

What's Hot
Mark1985Mark1985 Frets: 234
So,

Last week I seen that one of the forum members sold his DanDrive Austin Pride for a silly amount on Reverb.
I too had an Austin Pride fuzz and decided that I don't use it enough and would be happy to sell it if I got a similar price.

Put it up on Reverb and it sold the next morning. Cha-Ching!!!! =)

Posted it to the buyer in New Jersey and not long after he received it I got a message stating that the pedal doesn't work and that one of the transistor toggle switches was stuck in the down position.

It was in 100% working order when I sent it so it's baffling me as to what could have happened.
My first thought was that it has been damaged in transit but the package arrived in perfect condition.
My second thought was that it's buyer's remorse and he is looking for a way to get his money back. 

I asked the buyer to send me a video of the pedal and to show it not working, which he did though I noticed that the input jack wasn't pushed in all the way so I've asked him to send another with it in fully.

I've contacted DanDrive to ask for their help on the matter and I'm just awaiting their reply. 

Does anyone know where I stand with regards to having to refund the buyer given that the pedal was 100% working when I posted it?

Thanks in advance for any help.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10183
    edited July 2021
    You’ll have no standing at all really. 

The buyer has no liability until it reaches his or her door and has inspected it and they have a right to receive an item in the working order it was described to them. 

If it was damaged in transport it’s up to the seller to recoup the costs via insurance and either give the buyer a refund to fix the pedal, or a refund for the entire pedal once it has been returned. Which you have to pay for. 

If the seller just doesn’t want it and returns it under false pretence you can complain to eBay, and I once sold a pedal to someone in the US via the Global Shipping Program and the guy said it was broken and returned it using the most expensive service. It was fine when I got it, I complained and proved it was fine and they told the buyer that he would have to foot the return bill. 

Essentially, you’ll have to refund the buyer or pay for a repair. If it’s just a sneaky case of buyers remorse it sucks, but it generally is what it is. 
  • Moe_ZambeekMoe_Zambeek Frets: 3422
    I've had similar with a US buyer on Reverb, miraculously the pedal didn't work when it arrived despite being checked on dispatch and arriving completely undamaged. I asked for video and was sent a curiously framed vid where you could not see the guitar but the pedal was making a noise *exactly* like someone holding the tip of a guitar cable. I am convinced that the guy was just banking on me not wanting to foot the bill for an international return. I asked for more video showing the guitar playing through and the pedal being switched on and off and was fobbed off. Ultimately it was a cheap-ish pedal so I just provided the partial refund he requested and moved on. I most definitely would not sell abroad anymore. Of course i've also had UK ebayers buy stuff then miraculously discover two weeks later that it's faulty (after they've completed their recording project, or just got bored with it / developed buyers remorse) and eBay forced a refund, even when I provided them with evidence on receipt the pedal was working fine.  

When was the last time anyone had a properly packed pedal arrive damaged in transit such that it didn't work? I've bought hundreds of pedals online and not a singe one has arrived non-functional.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Mark1985Mark1985 Frets: 234
     Here is a screenshot of the input jack. None of my pedals work unless the jack is in fully so not sure how this one is an exception. 

6reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • danishbacondanishbacon Frets: 2695
    User buys ££££ pedal. Does not know how to plug in a Jack. Remains a User…..
  • That's hilarious. Report the buyer I would think, use vid as evidence. 
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33786
    Mark1985 said:
     Here is a screenshot of the input jack. None of my pedals work unless the jack is in fully so not sure how this one is an exception. 

Trying to scam you.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6055
    Sensing a Trump voter. Show the photo to Reverb if he tries to make an issue of it. (show it to them anyway, these dumb scams need outing).

• PhilKingPhilKing Frets: 1479
    I sold an Epiphone Jeff Beck LP to a guy in California.  He sent a complaint to Reverb to say the guitar was unplayable and needed a refret and wanted me to refund about 50% of the price.  I refuted it and told him that there was no issue with the frets and the guitar had been in my possession since new and had really only been used for about 50 hours max.  I offered a full refund for the return of the guitar and set up that with Reverb.  I never heard back from him and never had to refund anything. 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom