SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Fender American Vintage Tele (Now Sold) Gibson Les Paul Tribute for sale/

What's Hot
CookiemonsterCookiemonster Frets: 883
edited July 2021 in Guitars £
Hi all 

I recently got the Fender in a trade, it is a fantastic guitar, plays like butter, set up really well by the last owner. Who is a member here 

It is a Fender 52 Telecaster, AVRI that I am told dates to 2004. (£1200 ish trade value, will take offers for cash)

Really great condition, no real wear on the frets, I have the bridge cover as well. 
I will probably regret trading it but all the talk of Jazzmasters and other guitars Dazza and i did the trade, has me gassing for a Surf Green Fender Jazzmaster.

I had decided to get a cheaper squire, but on reflection I thought I would offer this up for trade and see if anyone has anything to offer. I may be interested in other guitars but really a jazz or Jag is the main one I am after

This one doesn't have a case, but I have a box if you need it posting, or for a bit extra you could buy my tweed thomann case. Now Sold ;

I also have a Gibson Les Paul Tribute for trade/sale as well, this one has the gig bag and is again in fantastic condition. I've hardly used it since buying it. Would be looking to trade for an SG, but may consider other options.
Cash wise looking around £750

Fender AVRI 52 Telecaster 

https://i.imgur.com/cm6K5Uw.jpg

Gibson

https://i.imgur.com/HrV6JwO.jpg

Thanks for looking. Edit scroll down I added more links for both guitars.

Instagram is Rocknrollismyescape -

FOR SALE - Catalinbread Echorec, Sonic Blue classic player strat and a Digitech bad monkey

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• CookiemonsterCookiemonster Frets: 883
    edited July 2021
    Value wise I am not actually sure on the Fender. Seems 1100 - 1200 on eBay sold listing, but open to advice on pricing. One recently sold for £1300. Have an offer from a person in Leicester that trades guitars for £1050, but he does always offer lower than market value.

For the Gibson I would say  £750 trade value. 

I would much rather trade than sell tbh, I really can't be doing with Ebay fees and hastle, not to mention some of the offers and random messages. 

Might even trade them both for one higher priced guitar.

But will sell on here PPG

FOR SALE - Catalinbread Echorec, Sonic Blue classic player strat and a Digitech bad monkey

• DazzaDazza Frets: 93
    The Jazzmaster addiction runs deep :-) the 52 tele is perfect - plays and sounds amazing and I’d say £1100/1200 is the ballpark mate - the best tele I’ve ever played, if I had the funds I’d be getting in touch, the nearest thing to a black guard at a fraction.
  • @Dazza you totally set me off on the Jazzmaster journey. I will definitely get you to set one up when I finally get one

@Dazza you totally set me off on the Jazzmaster journey. I will definitely get you to set one up when I finally get one
    No problem at all mate! Noting I enjoy more :-)
  • Instagram is Rocknrollismyescape -

• CookiemonsterCookiemonster Frets: 883
    edited July 2021

• Bump.

Any trades for either of these ?

• simonhpiemansimonhpieman Frets: 683
    What's the neck like on the Tele? Getting some serious Coxon GAS flying in out of nowhere on that!
  • What's the neck like on the Tele? Getting some serious Coxon GAS flying in out of nowhere on that!
    Lol. I have recently been compared to Coxon

They are vintage style frets. Quite a thin neck, very comfortable to play.

I am told it's 2004 so I think there will be specs around. I will have a look

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Might be a few experts on here. That may know more but I believe it's like below

Body Material:Ash
    Neck Material:Maple
    Fingerboard Material:Maple
    Fingerboard Radius:7.25"
    Fret Size:Vintage Style
    Scale Length:25.5"
    Nut:1.650" Synthetic
    Bridge Pick-up:American Vintage Telecaster
    Neck Pick-up:American Vintage Telecaster
    Bridge:Original Vintage Tele Bridge with 3 Brass Saddles

• simonhpiemansimonhpieman Frets: 683
    What's the neck like on the Tele? Getting some serious Coxon GAS flying in out of nowhere on that!

Ah ok, thanks. I likes 'em deep and chunky (chortle) so this may have to remain a pipe dream, sadly.
  • What's the neck like on the Tele? Getting some serious Coxon GAS flying in out of nowhere on that!

Ah ok, thanks. I likes 'em deep and chunky (chortle) so this may have to remain a pipe dream, sadly.
    Tgh after playing a thick neck on one my other guitar it seems slim. Sure someone will have more precise details

• AK99AK99 Frets: 1577
    edited July 2021
    I bought an AVRI '52 a while back - superb thing. Cant see me ever selling it.

Re the neck - I think it's what they call a U-shaped neck, certainly deeper than the ubiquitous Fender C shaped one. A bit more of a handful and the edges feel different too. Some more info here:

https://paulreno.de/52-telecaster/

and here:

https://www.jazzwise.com/other/article/fender-american-vintage-series-52-telecaster
  • AK99 said:
    I bought an AVRI '52 a while back - superb thing. Cant see me ever selling it.

Re the neck - I think it's what they call a U-shaped neck, certainly deeper than the ubiquitous Fender C shaped one. A bit more of a handful and the edges feel different too. Some more info here:

https://paulreno.de/52-telecaster/
    Yes I heard it was more a U that makes sense. I think it's supposed to be very close to the original 52

• GavRichListGavRichList Frets: 7162
    ^ I think that’s the case for the post 2012 ones, less so the earlier ones 
    I’ve owned this guitar and yep, the U would be nearer to the description, against an EOB neck this feels thinner but in reality its mid feeling, some describe it as chunky - its a great guitar, if I had the funds I’d snatch it back, perfect example of a true Tele and plays like butter (but not the type left out in this heat) if I didn't have another I wouldn't have ever let this go!
  • Dazza said:
    I’ve owned this guitar and yep, the U would be nearer to the description, against an EOB neck this feels thinner but in reality its mid feeling, some describe it as chunky - its a great guitar, if I had the funds I’d snatch it back, perfect example of a true Tele and plays like butter (but not the type left out in this heat) if I didn't have another I wouldn't have ever let this go!
    Thanks Daz, your right I was definitely basing it on the EOB which does have that big neck on it.

• Not an expert, but just off the links given and a read of TDPRI who I’d definitely trust on teles if it’s a 2004 the neck will be a bit 57V ish as opposed to the 52U of 2012 onwards. Still chunky all things considered but not as chunky. 50s chunk but not baseball bat.

I had a 2017 ‘52 that was definitely a U and just a bit much in hand for me personally so I might have been better with one of those but hey ho. GLWS
  • Bump 

• Any trades for the Gibson Les Paul ? 

Something SG,335 or strat perhaps.

Still after a Jazzmaster as well.