SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

No longer FS L'Arrivee OM-02

What's Hot
TheOtherDennisTheOtherDennis Frets: 2010
edited April 2022 in Acoustics £
If no one's interested then...

If you must have sex with a frog, wear a condom. If you want the frog to have fun, rib it.
0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• alanohaganalanohagan Frets: 120
    Larrivee = awesome
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Completely agree, this is indeed an awesome little guitar, but sadly, my bills will be soon, too, so needs must.
    If you must have sex with a frog, wear a condom. If you want the frog to have fun, rib it.
  • Bump
  • Price drop bump (see OP for new price)
  • ditchboyditchboy Frets: 286
    Is this still available?
  • Dennis - don't do it! Lol... 
  • ditchboy said:
    Is this still available?
    Afraid not, sorry.
    Did it sell or just no longer available? In a way I’m pleased as I’d have to cash in some investments to make a new purchase and so far they are making me money. I always want a new guitar at the most inconvenient time.  :o
  • It's just no longer available. I had a few offers, but they were all stupidly low (I don't mind negotiating, but I'm not selling it for less than half what I originally paid, and bollocks to those who say nothing is worth more than that), so I've decided if I'm going to lose that much money I may as well keep it.

And I know what you mean about that sort of bad timing, though it usually happens to me in the opposite way.
    It's just no longer available. I had a few offers, but they were all stupidly low (I don't mind negotiating, but I'm not selling it for less than half what I originally paid, and bollocks to those who say nothing is worth more than that), so I've decided if I'm going to lose that much money I may as well keep it.

And I know what you mean about that sort of bad timing, though it usually happens to me in the opposite way.
    I agree it’s all relative and what something is worth to you. They are on sale in guitar village now for £1400 but I’m trying to hold out for a good second hand OM-03 to tempt me. If only I wanted a Taylor I’d have an abundance of choice. It’s a shame these fine instruments aren’t as popular in this country. 
  • They have a new factory which are outputting more so you see more of them now, even GG are sticking them. Tbh Dennis I hope you're glad to keep it. I know there are super duper brands but I think Larrivee are just the perfect balance guitar in all aspects. 
    Yeah I really love the brand too. The dread I had was superb. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • They have a new factory which are outputting more so you see more of them now, even GG are sticking them. Tbh Dennis I hope you're glad to keep it. I know there are super duper brands but I think Larrivee are just the perfect balance guitar in all aspects. 
    It is a thing of beauty, with a really clear ring to it, but I just don't get on with it as much as I'd hoped - for some reason, my barre chords don't work as well on this as they do on my other acoustics, they're much more muted and don't sound very good at all. I realise this is probably down to my technique, but it does rather spoil my enjoyment of it somewhat.

Anyway, if the value of it has been so heavily undermined by L'Arrivee themselves, as seems to have happened, then I might as well keep it. I've already lost a hulking great chunk of its value, so if it's now worth even less than I'll hang on to it. I'm not giving it away.
    edited January 2023
    That sounds a bit like my gs mini. I love it almost feels like a toy and I can easily pick it up and put it down but there are certain chords I really struggle to get ringing out. Your issue might be down to the fretboard radius. The fretboard are generally less curved iirc. 
  • thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4436
    edited January 2023
    The Larrivee fretboards irrc are slightly flatter than other guitars which may be the root of the barre issue fyi (oh I see ditchboy just said same). 
  • Presumably because being flat, it doesn't fit the curve of my finger as well?
    Either that or try and readjust the barre finger (difficult I know).