Amp advice - Orang Rockerverb Mk iii 50 or 100

What's Hot
Vintage-TVintage-T Frets: 405
Still searching for the amp that I feel totally comfortable with. Still unsure If I really want to rely more on Amp gain or Pedal gain.

I'm currently using a combination of

Fender Vibrolux - Lovely Cleans - find the OD not usable for what I play, and pedals don't really saturate enough with it.
Marshall JVM410H - Lovely, totally lovely, but channel switching lag isn't great, and I find I get a bit confused when playing, which channel I'm switching to.
Hamstead 60+RT - Stonking amp, but I don't really want to gig it, also it's a combo and I'd prefer the head/cab option.
JCM800 Studio - perfect for small pub gigs, I love this amp.

I've tried a bunch of others with varying success, but never really found the sound that calls off the search for the next amp.

Currently I'm looking at the Orange Rockerverb MKiii (50 or 100w) The cleans sound lovely, comparable to the Hamstead for sure,, and the gain channel sounds very much like something I could work with. It stands up nicely to the JVM in comparison vids on youtube too.

Anyone using one of these....thoughts?

Is this one of those never ending cycles of thinking the next piece of gear will be the thing you need? It probably is!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• riffpowersriffpowers Frets: 344
    I had one and while they’re great amps if you’re used to Marshall’s you might find them warmer and more compressed and not as aggressive . 
  • I'm just about to trade my Fillmore 25 for one. Very excited.

I agree, the cleans in all vids sound good. Gain should get pretty filthy.

I sold my Hamstead Artist 20 as I couldn't get enough gain out of it. Don't think that's be a problem with the Rockerverb 50! 

• StratavariousStratavarious Frets: 3597
    edited July 2021
    If you like Marshall tones, try a DSL40CR with the 6 button footswitch.. you will know exactly which channel of the four you will get.  Also has two master volumes for boosts at gigs.  Really practical setup.

i prefer the edge and bite of a Marshall.  The orange in our band is a bit flat and dark.  
  • Vintage-TVintage-T Frets: 405
    If I’m going to use a Marshall it’ll either be the jvm or jcm800, won’t be getting rid of either.
    i like the 2 channel of the rockerverb, both sound excellent at what they do and for gigging would be easy to use. I switch between clean modulated tones to crunchy riffs, the 6 channels on the jvm all sound fab, but the lag is a buzz kill, so I’ve been using it on one channel and driving with pedals, but it seems kind of a waste. 
  • Dave8Dave8 Frets: 241
    edited July 2021
    Is the silver jubilee an amp you have considered? If the switching on the jvm isn’t working for you… just because it sounds like the jvm has the sounds you want.. just without the switching you need. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • The 100watter Orange is absolutely killer. I have one, and have never been able to let it go. 

Bye!

• TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2873
    edited July 2021
    Dave8 said:
    Is the silver jubilee an amp you have considered? If the switching on the jvm isn’t working for you… just because it sounds like the jvm has the sounds you want.. just without the switching you need. 
    +1 for the Jubilee, great amp and really versatile. I really like the JVM too but the Jubilee has a bit less of a modern voicing. You can set it up to switch between either a clean & full lead channel, or a crunch + lead tone (rhythm clip pulled). To my ears the rhythm clipped clean channel can sound very close to an 800 then the full lead channel (rhythm clip pushed in) does a fatter smoother modded 800 sort of thing. People always think of it as "the Slash amp" but its a lot more than that. Lead channel boosted with a Klone or TS does awesome big chunky rock & metal tones. 

Annoyingly having rhythm clip pulled affects the lead channel too and I think that sounds better with it off, though with the powerful EQ you can sort of compensate for that with some extra bass + mids. I'd love if they could be modded to switch between clean w/rhythm clip & full fat lead channel. 
  • Nick13Nick13 Frets: 731
    Other guy in my band uses a RV 50 and it's loud as fuck.  Keeps up with my 100 watt diezel even when set at 25 watts.  Sounds great both clean and heavy tones.  I was really impressed by it.